Drsergen's weeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Drsergen's weeklypaint 2014

Post by Joce » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:59 am

meh
Last edited by Joce on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:06 am

Joce wrote:
drsergen wrote:i dont know what else to do I've washed and highlighted, and even drybrushed a bit. . .
Try to wetbrush instead of drybrush your minis are going to be much nicer. I think it's called "glazing" if I am correct.

Sorry for my terminologies I learn painting long time ago, before all the fancy names.

Don't make your wash to watery and don't put to much on you brush, you don't want it to spill over to other details, that's also going to practice your control.
I couldn't have (and didn't) said it better myself!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:16 am

Dez wrote:
Joce wrote:
drsergen wrote:i dont know what else to do I've washed and highlighted, and even drybrushed a bit. . .
Try to wetbrush instead of drybrush your minis are going to be much nicer. I think it's called "glazing" if I am correct.

Sorry for my terminologies I learn painting long time ago, before all the fancy names.

Don't make your wash to watery and don't put to much on you brush, you don't want it to spill over to other details, that's also going to practice your control.
I couldn't have (and didn't) said it better myself!
i do alittle googling. . . what i did wasent really drybrush . . . i just kinda painted it and wiped it with my finger after so it wasent such a harsh highlight.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:20 am

So what you did was closer to blending, I actually do this too with the tiniest amount of water for 'wet blending'...though mostly I wet blend with a brush.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:26 am

Dez wrote:So what you did was closer to blending, I actually do this too with the tiniest amount of water for 'wet blending'...though mostly I wet blend with a brush.
okay. .
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:26 am

Belial

Techmarine

Rogal Dorn

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:36 am

Very awesome. Next time you are using green stuff you may want to keep your fingers wet.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:50 am

Lady_Soria wrote:Very awesome. Next time you are using green stuff you may want to keep your fingers wet.
i know im still learning. . . im using gw's liquid green stuff to slowly get rid of the finger prints.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:52 am

Good idea. :D Still knocks the socks off anything I could do.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:54 am

Lady_Soria wrote:Good idea. :D Still knocks the socks off anything I could do.
thanks it was very hard me to stat working on this while still learning, but how else am i going to learn.

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:46 pm

meh

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Vault » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:32 pm

What did you use for that mesh on Belial's base? One of those fryig pan splatter guards?
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:26 am

i dont think they should look clean, these guys arent prissy school girls. . . theyre cold blooded killers.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:26 am

Vault wrote:What did you use for that mesh on Belial's base? One of those fryig pan splatter guards?

GW basing kit. ..

Joce
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Joce » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:36 am

meh