Drsergen's weeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Drsergen's weeklypaint 2014

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:22 pm

So i guess since these are up its time to start a new one for this year. That's how this goes i guess?
Here is a bunch of pictures of just about everything I'm working on right now minus the librarian and the Inquisitor squad (still just a mental project, slowly making its way onto paper.)
And if you look closely there are some sneak peaks of the secret projects.

pics from a recent game

bought some bases on ebay.

and here are some in progress works. Please comment with ideas for what colors i could use where or ideas for bases etc.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Drsergen's weeklypaint 2014

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:41 pm

UNDEAD KHADOR POWAH
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:46 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:UNDEAD KHADOR POWAH
I bought that undead box for bits . . :) and bitz only. . .i think that means i am officially a plastic addict.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:48 pm

drsergen wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:UNDEAD KHADOR POWAH
I bought that undead box for bits . . :) and bitz only. . .i think that means i am officially a plastic addict.
probly, Im using the undead box that hound sent me to pay for stuff in a commission to make an undead/elf chess set.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:52 pm

hahaha the bits are great the models them selves are horrible to assemble because there so scrawny.
the one pictured somewhere i was going to assemble and paint for fun but frick that it so un-sturdy. to corpse piles they go. Can you see the secrets hidden in there to. the WIP's i dont want to share but couldn't help but show a sliver of in the edge of a pic or two.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Yes, you are a plastic addict...more projects going at once than you could ever finish :)

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:32 pm

And.... followed!
Curahee!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:53 am

i am trying so hard not to buy anything else. . . i almost bought a coteaz for my allied grey knights list.
Im getting closer to deciding what to do with that list and my Inquisitor attachment.
Im going to have 2 inquisitors in my army !!!!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 pm

so frustrated with the way my painting looks lately. i should stop looking at all your guys stuff. . . also frustrated with my brushes. . they're in shamble. . . such a mess makes it so hard to paint evenly and without it looking gritty and i haven't had much time to paint lately.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:23 am

Paints I use for Imperial Fists

Step 1 (2 coats)
step 2
comparison to one of my first models before i apply a wash
Final (still needs an agrax earthshade wash, and some more detail)

Bone tie down (learning green stuff step.) crap focus in this pic. sorry . . .

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:26 am

and i bought some infinity. . .

this is my list. . .

Image Ariadna - Caledonian Highlander Army | 6 models

Image Volunteer Rifle (8|0)
Image Highlander Grey HMG (40|1.5)
Image Wulver T2 Rifle (37|0)
Image S.A.S. Shotgun (27|0)

128/300 points | 1.5/6 swc
Warnings: must have exactly one Lt
open with Aleph Toolbox Image : http://goo.gl/Q5Q6iz

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:43 am

OMG so all these different armies AND 3 different game systems? You are officially worse than me when I started :)

I think I can see some areas where you could do things different. The first thing I'm going to suggest is using a different wash. I believe that the Seraphim Sepia may suit you better.

The other thing you may want is to purchase a Micron 005 in black. There are details that you could be filling in to 'blackline' your models.

With all that said, if I did Imperial Fists, here is how I'd paint them (and it would be fast!). Parts in bold would still make it great tabletop quality and simple!

Prime Black
Heavy Drybrush Averland Sunset
Wash Seraphim Sepia
Base paint in Averland Sunset, leaving the edges so that the wash shows. Think dark, shadowy edges

Yriel Yellow layer, leaving the edges of the Averland Sunset
Flash Gitz edge or light source highlighting. I've been into using a light source myself ;)
Blackline ribbed parts of armor, paint in other balck areas
Metals, wash with Nuln Oil
Khorne Red base
Highlight red with Mephiston Red

Highlight Mephiston Red with Evil Suns Scarlet or Wild Rider Red
A faint, white dot in the back upper corner of each eye lense.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:17 pm

I only have 3 armies for 3 game systems. . . actually i have 2 for warmachine. . . but im ignoring the second because its for a friend to play.

i will have to try that after i get a hold of agrax earthshade wash (the last step in the process list i got from GW) and see what kind of effect that has on the model.
Last edited by drsergen on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:18 pm

prime grey if possible, makes the yellow easier while keep it closer to the base needed for metals and such
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:26 pm

this model was primed white, i have some primed black and some primed gray ( dont ask why)
But in the next week i will try and post images the same process on all the different basecoats.