Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:11 am

Good stuff :)

I've decided to work on my Traitor Guard, and try for a Guardsman a day. I might paint something cool (Tank or something) after I get a squad complete. I should be able to get a ton of them done.

I went to use the Stirland Mud I had bought a month or so ago...and it's totally dry. I started looking at all my texture paints...they're all dried up. That's about 10 paint pots and over $50 in GW prices. Started looking through more and found lots of paint i had bought fairly recently dried up. Anyone else having trouble with their paint pots drying out a lot?
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Muttonstashe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Muttonstashe » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:44 am

Actually, yes. When I went to paint the other day, I found a lot of my fleshtones were dry, as well as most of my Nuln Oil.
Dwarfs: 2000 Points, 1/2 painted
Dark Angels: 1650 Points, Primed
Cygnar: 15 Points, Everything painted except caster

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:11 pm

My washes do seem to dry up.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:23 pm

Funny, my dropper bottles to transfer to just arrive now.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:46 am

Here are some pics of said painting last night:

I had a great day today. We finally got a Games Workshop in our area, in West Hartford which is only 30-40 minutes. I...had a really great experience in there. I was greeted immediately by the new store Manager, Robin. He was pretty amped that I had brought an army to play a game...and they had space! We chatted for a few minutes, and he asked if I needed help finding anything. I told him I didn't and thanked him, and started wandering around.

They had everything. I mean, even direct web order stuff. I was surprised at how big the store was, they had 3 or 4 tables set up. Robin had given me a list of events, they have stuff going on all the time. They are starting an Escalation league, there's a Master of the Forge conversion contest next week, I need to look at the calendar again because there was some really good stuff going on.

No sales pressure. At all. Robin and the store opening assistants were just walking around, making sure people were finding what they need. There were demos going on, stories going back and forth, beautifully painted miniatures about...it was really cool.

I had a great time. I only went down there, thinking I might get a character...or a Dwarf Gyrocopter...or maybe the new Blood Angels Tac squad. Then I realized what a great bargain Deathstorm is, and they had it on the shelf. I guess I upsold myself into starting the Lamenters army I've been...well, lamenting not starting :)

Really super good store experience, and not the high pressure sales pitch at all.

So I drove home and started looking at my new plastic crack, and the mail came. In it was the Masters Brush Cleaner I had ordered, a few presents for the kids...and a package from Nappen. He sent me another set of Mickey dice for my Skaven army, and a really nice card. Nappen, I super appreciated it!

I oggled over all my new toys a bit, and my daughters came home and hung out in my office while daddy was reading the new White Dwarf and thinking about how cool Belgan Ironhammer was going to be to paint. Wifey came in, and told me we were going out.

We went out shopping a bit, got some more stuff for the kids and stocking stuffers. I may or may not have gotten even more Marvel Dice Masters :) We also went out to one of my favorites, Hibachi!

We came home...and watched Guardians of the Galaxy. I love LOVE that movie. Like on a Star Wars better. In fact...maybe a little bit more.

So now I'm down here, and I'm going to go over assembling some of these BA. Pretty great birthday ;)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:05 am

Wow man! Sounds like you had an amazing day! And heartfelt congratulations on your birthday!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:32 am

Happy Birthday, sounds like a great day.

I picked up the Deathstorm box too. More for the nids, but more marines for my daughter peace marine army...though she is wanting me to start painting her lizards.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:25 am

Merry Christmas :D

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:18 am

Merry Christmas to you and everyone here.