Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Dez » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:54 am

I fully assembled it, which was probably a mistake. The wheel and maybe upper torso would be way easier to paint.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am

Thanks, one day I will get to mine.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Whole family has the plague...though I did go for an hour or two and played some Mordheim. It was awesome.

I haven't been completing anything paintwise, just working on a huge unit of Skavenslaves and fighting with my airbrush. Lots of work to do before 11/22.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Nurgle has visited me as well - I've been coughing up nurglings for almost a week :/
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:12 am

(sucks you're both sick, hope you get better soon!)

Love that abomination and bell as well! I can't wait to get both. But I have a veritable Horde of models before it, as should be, cuz they're Skaven.

Anyway, love your stuff!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:30 am

Hope you all are better soon. There is mass illness going around our area here as well.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:49 am

Finally had that tournament today. Not only did I get best painted, but I came in second! I had a non optimal list, I guess I didn't really forget as much as I thought ;)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:14 am

Congrats man! Did you take any pics during the tournament?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:37 am

No I wish I had, I was just trying to play fast as possible haha

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:20 pm

Was this the skaven tourney? Congrats and not surprised you won with those appropriate dice...oh, and the rock in' paint job.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Yup Fantasy tournament with my Skaven I have been working on the past couple months.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:00 am

Did you use your rat dice?