Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:10 am

So I got some feedback from...my wife. She said the banner wasn't lightningy enough. So now I hopefully bring you better lightning for the Storm Banner!

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:23 am

A Screaming Bell for your viewing pleasure! I spent WAY too many hours on this, but I think it came out well. Of course every time I look at it, I see more things I can do. What do you think? What would you do to improve it? I'm open to critique...which is why I post this :) Critique makes you better!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 pm

My god man! That is amazing!

You are really making me want to get back to my Skaven army...
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Thanks! I am especially fond of how cartoony it looks.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Beautiful work :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Hmm, could be I brightened the colors too much. I'll see about adding some more shading. Thanks for the critique!

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:36 am

All right, only 19 more days until the tournament and tons of models to go!

Here are some HPA WIP:

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:03 am

Oh, I have got to build mine now.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:26 am

So I finally sat down tonight, drank some beer, and started building some Gutter Runners. I still need to GS some cloaks, and I still have a bunch more to build. It's a start, and I was motivated since my Airbrush has broken again.

I made the slings out of thin strips of plasticard and rocks I broke up with my clippers. I got the rocks at Ikea, I think they are for plants but they are awesome for basing.

Sorry for the blurry pics, but they're ninjas!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:53 am

love them...

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:06 am

I don't think I could have picked a worse angle for the sculpted cloak, haha!

Did a few more last night, but I was watching TV at the same time. It was Sonic Highways, so I had to keep my eyes glued to the show for popups. If you wait 2 hours to sculpt cloaks as opposed to 20 minutes, they ain't gonna work :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:17 am

Did you fully assemble your abomination or is it in pieces for painting?