Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:55 am

Hello, and welcome to a new year in a new subforum!

This year, I'm going to try and work on my existing armies. I have the attention span of a kitten, and I keep getting excited about all these new ideas and paint schemes for new armies. The reality of it is, I don't have time for all that. So this year, I'm going to go into my Storage Area of Doom and built and paint what's in there...for the most part.

Skaven. I've started Skaven multiple times, and they would have been my first WFB army I'm sure. Many years ago, when we were discussing starting Fantasy with my old club, one of the guys bailed out and had a couple hundred dollars worth of Warriors of Chaos he sold me for $40. It was essentially 3 Battalions and some other extras. How could I not? So my dreams of starting a Skaven army got put on hold. I then sold what Skaven stuff I had. I started them again within the past few years, but was forced to sell them again when I needed money more than Ratmen. This year, I'm going to go gangbusters with this army. No more delays, no more selling. In fact, I'll be doing a bit of acquiring.

Orks. I have lots to paint still, and more to repaint. I've got boxes of stuff that still needs to be built. I've got a moving box full of just conversions that need finishing. So Orks is gonna get the treatment this year too! I'll probably be unable to help myself get some new stuff.

Warriors of Chaos. I've got stuff that just needs some paint, or needs fixing.

Death Guard. I've got some stuff that just needs paint, or needs fixing. I've also got some more units to build. I've got lots of FW Plague Marines yet to be built.

So, what are you all doing this year?
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:27 pm

trying to finish all of the stuff i am working on before i buy anything else, since i have to save up for wedding, and pay off my car. i have started a new weekpaint as well see most of my WIP's there.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Finally finish my DE army, get to those skaven, paint a lot of my son's tyranids and work on my various other armies that are floating out there.

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Painting, Gaming, Writing, Bloging, Learning, Video-ing, Music-ing, Frisbee-ing and having fun-ing :P
Curahee!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:38 am

I'm going to start videoing this year too. May as well catch up with the times! I went to school for interactive web design, and I haven't used it since 2004. Be nice to take advantage of it, haha!

I've also resolved to start updating my blog again.

I have been chugging out the work lately...but it's just been repairing or building stock Skaven models. I haven't really felt the need to post pics, ya know? That's what people want to see though. Later today, I'll have some pics of Killa Kanz I painted. In a few days, once I've completely built and taken the mold lines of my Skaven, I'll update this with some pics.

In other news, I went to a local game auction on Sunday and looted! Came home with 55 Valejo paints for $20, Cadwallon: City of Thieves for $35, Battlestar Galactica board game for $20, a full Orcs & Goblins army for $45. A Forge World Thunderbolt Pilot, Ogryn killing Dkok (both Games Day Exclusives) and Earthshaker Gun Emplacement for $35. A TON of Orks including close to 100 boys, a Battlewagon, Truck, 6 Killa Kanz, 5 Lootaz, 5 Nobz, Assault on Black Reach, a Lobba and tons of other stuff for a combined total of $140. I picked up several hundred dollars worth of Sisters of Battle for $35. I also picked up some Arcane Ruins, a big pile of books/codex, and who knows what else. There were a lot of people there, I did lose some of the live auctions but I have to put the brakes on sometimes ;)

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Well, if you ever want to get rid of anything, you know where to find me :wink:
Curahee!

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:49 am

Ordered a new airbrush yesterday. I'm going to need it, I have a bunch of projects to finish up. I left mine in Simple Green for....a year? I cleaned it, but it just doesn't work anymore even though none of the bushings disintegrated. Ordered another Master Series G44, so at least I have spare parts.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Airbrush is here! I'm really excited to paint.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:35 pm

w00t.... i gotta replace mine too now that i think about it
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

SkragaDaBoss
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by SkragaDaBoss » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Airbrush MUST HAVE IT!!!
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas

Orks (Goffs)- 2000 points
Dark Angels (5th Company)- 1750
Chaos Space Marines (Death Guard)- 1000
Dark Eldar (Kabal of the Eternal Ice)- Coming soon...

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:39 pm

that is one thing im going to wait a while to purchase.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:43 pm

You can get them fairly cheap. I purchased another Master Series G44, which is perfect for minis. It comes with 3 different needles for very fine lines. It costs $39.99 on Amazon, and seeing as I used my points I got it for free.

Harbor Freight is a great place to pick up an air compressor, just make sure you get a moisture trap. Get a mask and gloves while you are there!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:21 pm

I still stink at fine work, but I love my airbrush for priming and basecoats.

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:25 am

Played WFB tonite, my first game in years. Tabled the Vampire Counts (sorry Ocean!). It was a really great back and forth game. I'm hooked!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:17 am

Great to hear! Will be teaching one of the 40k regulars at my club how to fantasy in 8th, as he hasn't played in years. I really hope I can get some fantasy revival thing going.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.