GB 52: Urban Tiles Set with Sewer

swedishchef
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

GB 52: Urban Tiles Set with Sewer

Post by swedishchef » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:23 pm

I decided to take a small deviation for the theme, but I think it fits, so meh.

I am making a set of modular tiles for an urban setting. Included in the set of tiles will be tiles that have a sewer system intersecting several of the tiles. So far I have 32 tiles, and plans to make up to 8 more. They are all 1'x1' and made with a base of foam board topped with 1" expanded foam. The sewer sides are done in corrugated cardboard and the roads are 800 grit sandpaper. Topped with some 40k bits and a few extras.

I made all of sewers/roads centered, so if a tile had something in it, it will fit with many other pieces. Enough talk... Pics in progress.

Building... testing the layout.

Primed and now First Base coat. Found out I had a small mishap with a few of the tiles just before painting... some of the corners got dinged up... but I laid them out, and I actually like it.. gives a more realistic feel I think.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: GB 52: Urban Tiles Set with Sewer

Post by Nappen » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Looking good. I hope I can finish ;)

Return to “Group Build 52”