GB 52: Trench board (complete!)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: GB 52: Trench board

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Had a day up into the 50s so I got as much done as I can. Here is the current state....I still have to do the drybrushing to the depressed area, paint all the details, finish the craters, and I am sure I am forgetting some stuff. Oh, the wood planks...yikes, there are a lot of them...

I did a drybrush on the ground with a brown, medium brown and sand. The brown is pretty subtle but did it over about 50% in patches, then the medium brown over about 30% and the sand 15%. There is some black around the craters and the dark brown base color, so 5 total colors.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: GB 52: Trench board (complete!)

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:29 pm

So, I finally finished up! I had a really hard time getting the light right, so just moved it into the kitchen and took some pictures. Could not take shots of all the little details, but even so, get ready for a massive picture dump. The vast majority are taken with the bunker in, but if I decide that the fluff of the game doesn’t warrant the bunker or I put it in a configuration where it doesn’t make sense, I have the flat piece to replace it. I tried to put little details around, like bits of ammo, skulls etc. It is a hard balance between not enough and too much 

General Shots and a few of the details.

The Cliff Walls

The Tunnels

(this is the flat peice where the bunker can go)

With Models for scale...well, it is 6' X 4'

(I forgot to close the lid all the way here...you can see the peg on the near left I put in to hold it in place. The foam warped a little after painting)

With some additional terrain-one of the reasons to leave it flat...but stackability is the main reason ;)

It is modular, so here are some alternate configurations. I was in a hurry, so did not match them up as much as I should have and only did a few. The tunnels are all the same distance from the sides, so all match up no matter what order or orientation you place them in. If you don’t worry about the tunnels much, then there are even more ways to put it together.

(I actually really like this one because the trench in the mic-front left actually dumps into the evelvator shaft area-I can make some cool house rules with these configurations)

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by bugbait_nz » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:13 am

Well designed and well made! That they are interchangeable is very cool!!
I like the under ground bits!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Glad all that cold you got didn't keep you from finishing in time!
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Thanks. It is supposed to get cold again, but today it is in the 50s.

Here is on last shot, stacked and stored on my terrain shelf :)

Next up is a set of train tables for my daughter's HO scale railroad. She is tired of having it sitting in the corner. Guess I am losing the garage now :)

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Peregrin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:24 am

I'm impressed and glad you were able to get a project that big done! Looks good.
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by xand » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:55 pm

Very nice, looks awesome! Usually a project this big doesn't end up with much attention to detail, but this one rocks!
Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

respect92
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:39 am

Looks realy cool. Nice work you got done in time :)
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

Return to “Group Build 52”