Suggestion for next group build

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Suggestion for next group build

Post by IG_Guardsman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:20 pm

It's almost the middle of the month and we are all burning steam over what it's going to be! "Drop it like it's hot" :D "Fire in the hole" or whatever works for you guys, but I want to build me some stuff! Just point me in some direction!!!

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Peregrin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Lol... I was thinking the same thing!
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:25 am

Life has gotten in the way the last two or three weeks. Hope to have some better time to get some stuff done.

Here I think is the plan for now.

This month, I like the idea of the mulligans, particularly because of the late start, so that sounds good.

March will be industrial.

April: I though April fools day would be a great day to start a "Group Build Chopped"

I will post the GB53 thread this morning.

To answer the question about the "Ideas Thread" It is on the main terrain page-but no one has added any ideas in a while. It is stickyed up top.

What we have been doing is a vote every month or two for the next couple of builds. But now we have the next three decided :wink:

tinker
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by tinker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:10 pm

I think starting the "Chopped" build on April Fools is genius!
Plus I am stoked to get going on the February GB and I have been wanting to work on the industrial stuff as well (glad to have so much time to plan). Good ideas everyone!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Again, sorry for all the delays.

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:04 pm

Don't sweat it Nappen, just adds to the challenge this month :twisted:
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Peregrin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:50 am

I may have missed something... I did a quick check on the 'build suggestion thread' as well, but anyway...

What is "Group Build Chopped"?

tinker
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by tinker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Peregrin wrote:I may have missed something... I did a quick check on the 'build suggestion thread' as well, but anyway...

What is "Group Build Chopped"?
From earlier in this thread:
tinker wrote:
respect92 wrote:I Think it sounds like a good idea too. Also, a half month would be more then enough to get the item(s) you need. About the price, the cost maybe gonna be different for some builders. Well, it shouldnt be that much different. Also a rule would be not to take most expensive or cheapest kind if there are different costs.

I dont know but think the items sometimes look different in different coutries. It is a Worldwide site after all (Im a Swede). Should the item be like in the builders or the one that choosed's country?

I like the idea, looking forward to it if it gonna be the theme of march GB. :D

*sorry for bad grammar*
I did not take into account time to track down all the items.
As far as item from different countries, I imagined the suggested items would be fairly general to allow the builder to be creative. Local items would be very cool to see!

Peregrin wrote:I kind of like the idea and I kind of see it as hard to administrate. It may discourage people from joining late as well.

I was also wondering about some of the other things that had been planned before the New Year.
Good point. My original idea would be a little hard to run and you are right it might discourage people from joining late. My wife likes the show "Chopped" on Food Network and we could tweak the rules so everyone uses the same materials like on "Chopped".

1) Registration still begins on February 15th. When you register you still PM two items to the administrator, probably Nappen. (Nappen: Thanks for supporting the forum so much on MWG.com!)
2) Administrator randomly pulls three secret items out of hat around February 26th and posts the list for the challenge to begin March 1.
3) Items should be cheap, preferably free. Maybe when we submit items at registration we each submit one item that is free and one that cost less than $5. Then for the final three items: two free items and one that cost less than $5 would be randomly selected from the respective pools. So an example of the final list would be:
Wooden Coffee Stir Sticks (free at the local coffee shop or gas station)
Plastic Tray from Cookies or Crackers (free if you eat cookies or crackers)
Plastic Colander or Food Strainer (available at the Dollar Store)
If we all work from the same list it would not discourage late comers and it might make for a better challenge and is easier to administrate. Thoughts?

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Here is the link to the group build suggestion thread

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... =7&t=57691

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Peregrin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Lol... ok the only thing I missed in the previous discussion was the reference to the show 'Chopped'. Got it now.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:54 am

I am going to wait on the "secret Santa" build until summer (June) as I realize that a lot of our participants are in school, and we are coming onto finals.

If there is major clammoring to keep it this month I will put it out in the next couple of days, but otherwise, will pull a different theme.

The other option is to really make it a secret santa and do it in December.

Also, have been sick all week so sorry I am behind.

Return to “Group Build 54”