A beginners questions

Corvus Belli's awesome science fiction game.
LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

A beginners questions

Post by LordMcAllister » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:46 am

Hey guys! Not long ago I started playing Infinity by buying the ,,Operation: Icestorm"-box. The only ones to play this game with have been my brothers and my girlfriend so far, who started playing together with me. We finished the five tutorial missions in the box but there are a few questions which occured to us. Perhaps some of you guys can help us:

1. If a unit declares the first part of his order (movement), when does the reactive player needs to have line of sight to react to the active players order? Before the active player starts it's movement? After the movement is fullfilled? Or is it sufficent to see the model while it's moving (line of sight at the path of the unit)? Or can the reactive player starts an ARO in all of these three situations?

2. When a model has a base BF of 13 and gains additional +3 points (i.e. because of being close to the enemy while shooting at him) is a roll of 13 or a roll of 16 a critical hit?

3. When a model is shot at and uses his ARO to move out of sight of the attacker.. is he still being shot at?

That's all for now. Thanks in advance! :)
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Dalex
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: A beginners questions

Post by Dalex » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:01 am

1. It is sufficient to see the model while it's moving.
There are exceptions to this rule like "Zone of Control" or Cautious movement (http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Cautious_Movement)

2. The model crits on a roll of 16.

3. Yes, he is. It's hard for me to express the reasoning in english and you seem to be from germany. (Sobald man deklariert auf einen Gegner zu schießen, darf man sich aussuchen an welchem Punkt in der Bewegung der Schussbefehl abgewickelt wird. Dieser Punkt muss sich natürlich in der LoF des schießenden Models befinden. Im übrigen wird der Schaden erst nach dem Befehl angewandt, so dass ein Modell zwar innerhalb von LoF beschossen wird, aber es außerhalb von LoF zusammenbricht)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:22 am

Thank you Dalex, so it's mostly the way we expected it to be!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:11 am

An easy way to keep that straight is that an action can be taken against a model (active or reactive) at ANY point of the order resolution. What this means is that the beginning and ending points of action do not matter, as you can choose to fire at any point of that movement, as everything occurs simultaneously.

For your third point, Dalex is right to an extent, though because the situation is an ARO, the only way to get out of line sight would be via a dodge (granting 2" movement, without kinematica), which means it would be a face to face roll. If the model doing the ARO dodge wins the FtF, then the shot is dodged, and you may move up to 2". If the Active player wins the FtF, then the dodge fails and you do not move.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel