I hate you guys so bad...

Corvus Belli's awesome science fiction game.
Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

I hate you guys so bad...

Post by Munin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:24 pm

...because this is how I spent my evening:

My Haqqislam starter set should arrive any day now.

Can't.

Wait!

Curse you all for making me want to play this game. :P

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Re: I hate you guys so bad...

Post by Aegis » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:56 pm

The game is worth it, in my opinion. I have played many games in my time in the hobby, and for some reason, and no other game (many FASA's Battletech) has hooked me as much as Infinity has, of late. The scale, the models, the flow of the game. It all just clicks with me.

As for the tokens, yeah, I had one of those days a couple weeks back. It is time consuming, but worth it in the end. Having played without the tokens is just a pain...
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:04 am

The tokens need assembling or what? I'm curious about this game by the way. The models are really outstanding.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 am

I think this is one of the few games I have no interest in playing :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:09 am

Kovlovsky - the Operation: Icestorm boxed set comes with a bunch of card-stock tokens, but I went the free(ish) route; Corvus Belli makes the graphics for its tokens available for free as downloads on its website, and there's a great community site that lets you print custom sheets for whatever and however many you need. I did that, but rather than leave the tokens as just paper or card, I stuck them to 1" acrylic disks, much like the MicroArt Studios ones (but for like 1/10th the price).

So I now have a really nice set of almost 200 tokens of various types that cost me a whopping $15 ($12.50 for the 200 acrylic disks and $2.50 for printing on nice, glossy, heavyweight paper that makes for a nice, sturdy backing).

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:18 am

Aaaaah! I get it! It seems very practical and the price you paid for it was a steal. That was a lot of work, but doing it yourself is worth it!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:35 am

Exactly!

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:11 pm

I've had considerable misfortune with FINDING those 1" discs for my tokens, sadly. Don't suppose you know of a good place I could order them online?
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:14 pm

BEHOLD!

I even took note of your location and linked the Canadian version of Amazon. ;)

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:15 pm

BTW, full credit for this goes to Ash (formerly of MWG, now of GMG), who had an article about it on his blog (where he fully credits the guy from his local group who gave him the idea).

Thatbakerkid
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Thatbakerkid » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:14 am

Munin wrote:BTW, full credit for this goes to Ash (formerly of MWG, now of GMG), who had an article about it on his blog (where he fully credits the guy from his local group who gave him the idea).
It's great for making your own Tokens as well. I've made tokens for Fallout using the same method.
As they stirred heaven-and-earth, they combined to one...
And everything, was everyone, and each one was all.

Follow Guerrilla Miniature Games on Facebook.
New Battle Reports Monday through Friday on YouTube.