MWG Infinity Content Revival

Corvus Belli's awesome science fiction game.
Aegis
Gold Vault Member

MWG Infinity Content Revival

Post by Aegis » Sun May 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Hey everyone!

So, as you all know, the past couple weeks have seen a lack of Infinity content being produced. This is about to change. The past couple weeks, I have spent a good chunk of time learning the basics of the game, getting to a point where I can competently film the game in an enjoyable manner.

There will be error's, there will be tactical mistakes and it will take a bit before you see the more polished list building. However, it is my goal to create the best content I can, and that means learning from my mistakes, and listening to the fans watching.

As such, I want to put this forward to everyone looking forward to the return of Infinity content. What type of content are you looking for? Is ITS the preferred content to watch, or perhaps Paradiso? Do you want to see us play around with multiple lists, maybe show casing new models/units as we receive them?

I want the input of those who enjoy the game. I am going to keep this as an open thread and as a link between myself and the viewers. If you have comments or concerns, post them here. I will continue to watch this thread (and subforum), and make whatever improvements in the content I can.

So please, comment. Let us make Infinity thrive at Miniwargaming! We can do this.

Also, if you want a more direct hand in this community, shoot me a challenge at Leland@miniwargaming.com, and we will figure it all out!
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Re: MWG Infinity Content Revival

Post by Aegis » Mon May 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Here is one of the reasons I am just stoked to get going with Infinity. Here is a shot of what is on my table, Aleph wise, and this is just the beginning! I have some Myrmidons, among other things, en route!

And remember, you can always see more at my Facebook Page

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue May 12, 2015 11:04 am

I'm really tempted to see if we can talk The Toy Trove into carrying Infinity so we can get a good local meta building up ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue May 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:I'm really tempted to see if we can talk The Toy Trove into carrying Infinity so we can get a good local meta building up ;)
It would be great to have a local outlet for Infinity. After all, I need my fix, and shipping just takes so long!

Speaking of which, I bit the bullet and ordered a Marut from Corvus Belli

IPlayThisGame
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by IPlayThisGame » Wed May 13, 2015 1:19 am

I think it would be cool to see a mix of ITS, Paradiso, and maybe even some YAMS or other player-made systems just to add variety to the game types and list building in your videos

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed May 13, 2015 5:35 pm

IPlayThisGame wrote:I think it would be cool to see a mix of ITS, Paradiso, and maybe even some YAMS or other player-made systems just to add variety to the game types and list building in your videos
Those are great suggestions, some of which I had planned. In fact, after our first couple games, we planned on moving through Operation: Icestorm, and then into Paradiso.

As I get more comfortable with list building, I will think about adding those to videos. To be honest, I am not completely sure how to do so and make it interesting.

Keep the suggestions coming!

IPlayThisGame
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by IPlayThisGame » Thu May 14, 2015 10:37 pm

I haven't had time to read or play all the scenarios here, but if you're ever looking for some cool custom scenarios beyond ITS or Paradiso, the Infinity forum has a nice little collection of them.

Player Written Scenario Collection

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Thu May 14, 2015 11:21 pm

IPlayThisGame wrote:I haven't had time to read or play all the scenarios here, but if you're ever looking for some cool custom scenarios beyond ITS or Paradiso, the Infinity forum has a nice little collection of them.

Player Written Scenario Collection
I will definitely check those out. Thanks!

Dalex
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Dalex » Wed May 20, 2015 11:19 am

One of miniwargamings expertises seem to be narrativ driven games - so i would be thrilled to see something like that in the long run.
On another note: I think it would be helpful to bundle discussions of rules and tactics of your batreps. You can learn the rules faster and the "veterans" can vent some steam if you make some mistakes. I generally liked Ashs batreps, but it was painful to watch. He didn`t read the Icestorm rules properly and didn't know how ARO or movement worked untill his leave.

I'm certain you do an amazing job ^^

(Ps: Sorry for my subpar english - it's not my mother tongue)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu May 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Hey Leland, just a heads up that my work schedule will be 8-4 starting next week - so I'll be free to get a game in at 4:01 sharp ;) I'm sitting on about 200 points of Nomads right now, with another ~150 on my painting desk.

If we could work out some kind of deal where I can film the odd batrep for my own channel as well, it'd be appreciated (I'll bring my own camera, etc)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

IPlayThisGame

Post by IPlayThisGame » Fri May 22, 2015 4:41 pm

On a similar note to Epic Duck Mike, I'm currently looking at working in Sarnia in September. Do you guys film batreps on the weekends at all? I could make the drive to Welland on a weekend, but its way too far for weeknight gaming.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Fri May 22, 2015 7:22 pm

IPlayThisGame wrote:On a similar note to Epic Duck Mike, I'm currently looking at working in Sarnia in September. Do you guys film batreps on the weekends at all? I could make the drive to Welland on a weekend, but its way too far for weeknight gaming.
If you shoot me an email, we can definitely work out the occasional Saturday game!

The email is Leland@Miniwargaming.com. Let us figure this out!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon May 25, 2015 8:43 am

Aegis wrote:
IPlayThisGame wrote:On a similar note to Epic Duck Mike, I'm currently looking at working in Sarnia in September. Do you guys film batreps on the weekends at all? I could make the drive to Welland on a weekend, but its way too far for weeknight gaming.
If you shoot me an email, we can definitely work out the occasional Saturday game!

The email is Leland@Miniwargaming.com. Let us figure this out!
I'm free most Saturdays as well, if we all want to gather and hammer a few games out. Leland, please keep me in the loop ;)

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Mon May 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:I'm free most Saturdays as well, if we all want to gather and hammer a few games out. Leland, please keep me in the loop ;)
Hey Mike, expect an email from me this week. We are going to get something going soon.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue May 26, 2015 8:25 am

Sweet :D