Painting my Nomads (Finally)

Corvus Belli's awesome science fiction game.
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Painting my Nomads (Finally)

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Not sure how often I'll be updating this thread because I'm juggling Home Renos, Commissions, some Freelance Web work and a bit of a social life... but I finally got some paint on one of my Nomad Morlocks... and since I only have ~10 Nomad models in the first place, with 3 fully painted now, that actually makes Nomads one of my most fully-painted Armies so far ;)

I've also previously painted the armoured suit for the Iguana Squad (Pilot still needs painting). Sorry for the potato.

My very first Infinity miniature was a Nomad Hellcat I painted, intending to use it with my 40K Tau as a Vespid proxy. I don't have any photos of it right now, and honestly the paint job is kind of dated... but it's certainly good enough for the tabletop.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Painting my Nomads (Finally)

Post by Vault » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Holy what those Iguana things are pretty cool. Very Shirow Masamune.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:21 am

Somehow between Valentine's Day, Family Day, and a tight home renovation schedule, I still found a bunch of painting time this weekend, and (almost) finished my squad of Morlocks:

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:19 am

Finished my Reverend Custodier last night:

Also, the Nomads are on bases now:

I'm 2 minis shy of having 200 points painted, give or take (got 199-206 depending on an option or two)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:11 am

Hellcat with Heavy Rockey Launcher - deviated from the "catalogue" colour scheme here and borrowed the colours from the Reverend & Morlocks:

Morlock, Hellcat and Reverend, making sure all the colours tie together:

Also finished up the Iguana Pilot, and got both the Pilot and Reverend on bases:

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:17 am

Small update from last night: did some uppainting on my old Hellcat, got it from this:

to this:

I also assembled two more bases, but haven't got paint on them yet. Once I do, all of my Nomads up until this point will be complete!

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Peregrin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:33 pm

I can't say that it's a good looking group. They're still dirty Nomads, after all. ;)
But great job on these.
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Peregrin wrote:I can't say that it's a good looking group. They're still dirty Nomads, after all. ;)
But great job on these.
Thanks... I think ;)

I finished up the last two bases last night and some minor touch-ups... my Nomads are, for the time being, done! At least, until I buy more.

steam

Post by steam » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:16 pm

WOW those are very nice. The sad part is that no one ever comments on such topics...

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:32 pm

The latest two!

Thanks for the kind words Steam :D They get a lot more response in the painting boards, but I share them here for the odd passer-by as well :)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:00 pm

These are awesome. Infinity mininiatures are really outstanding and you painted them really really well.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Thanks Kovlovsky :D

Next Alguaciles almost done! Oil is still setting.

steam

Post by steam » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:48 am

do u use varnish in them as well? And if yes, how much layers do u put on?

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:41 am

I am loving that oil wash! Tell me again what brand it is, as I want to pick some up.

Also, for our next game, I have the Jaguars ready to be borrowed, if you so choose.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:02 am

steam wrote:do u use varnish in them as well? And if yes, how much layers do u put on?
If I'm doing an oil wash, one layer before that goes on (usually a satin or gloss varnish). When I'm all done, 1-2 coats of Matt Varnish spray.