Getting started

Corvus Belli's awesome science fiction game.
BigMouthMeowth
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Getting started

Post by BigMouthMeowth » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm

I'm interested in getting some infinity models but the thing is I know very little about them. After reading some stuff on the website I like the look of PanOceania but I would still like some questions answered.
1. What's game-play like? Is it very in-depth or is it simple enough to understand?

2. I'm very interested in lore. Does the lore that Corvus Belli give allow room to add your own stuff? Is it interesting and engaging?

3. Is the stuff easy to paint and well molded? I'm coming from Malifaux which had some fantastic minis so how will these ones stack up?
Professor Claret Ferrouceur. Inventor and Sky Mechanic extraordinaire.

I used to be a time-traveler...am going to be a time-traveler?...am going to have been a time-traveler?

Angelust
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Getting started

Post by Angelust » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 pm

1) There is a greater emphasis on in-game tactics and adaptation than there is strategy and list-building. List building is still important, but not nearly as much as it is in games like warmachine or warhammer. There's a lot of depth, enough to keep games interesting even when using the same models.

2) There's a decent amount of lore, but nothing that can touch 40k or fantasy which has Black Library pumping out tons of background. You can customize some backstory for your own unit, but the lore behind the bigger nations is pretty set.

3) Great detail. If you like the aesthetic, you won't be displeased with the product.

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Getting started

Post by Peregrin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:59 am

I agree with Angelust on all of these points.
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca