ambushed camouflage

Corvus Belli's awesome science fiction game.
ninththief
Now we're getting somewhere...

ambushed camouflage

Post by ninththief » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:42 am

playing with a vanilla ariadna army and thinking about picking up a spetsnaz model. Can anyone explain how ambushed camouflage works? i checked the infinity wiki and its kinda vague

ninththief
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: ambushed camouflage

Post by ninththief » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:07 am

played a couple games with spetsnaz ch ambushed camouflage seems to be useless better to go with airborne deployment and ch mimetism even though its still pretty expensive

Angelust
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: ambushed camouflage

Post by Angelust » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:06 pm

The rules for CH: Ambushed Camo can be found as a pdf supplement on Infinity's website. It'd be better to read that than to go to the wiki at this point (though it may be modified in a month with 3rd edition).

Ambushed camo is just kind of a bonus to Spetsnaz...what makes him absolutely awesome is a very solid stat line with HMG and 4-4 move. It's everything the HMG tankhunter (which is good by itself) wishes it could be, and it's a solid contender to probably the best medium infantry in the game, the intruder HMG.

The Spetsnaz HMG is Ariadna's perfect hammer...Move 4-4, Arm 2, BS 12, HMG, and the really awesome Marksman lvl 2 ability which basically makes him the bane of all Shasvastii.

Also ambushed camouflage works well within the rest of Ariadna...getting 9-14 camo tokens on the field makes it really hard for your opponent to hurt you if they win first turn- which is typically a huge advantage of the initial roll-off. In my typical Ariadna 300 point list, I have about 8-10 camo markers, 5 or 6 of them being models, 3-5 of them being mines and ambush tokens. It makes target priority a b*tch.