Nomads

Corvus Belli's awesome science fiction game.
Rezial
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Nomads

Post by Rezial » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:33 am

Hi everyone.

I haven't made much use of the Forums here at all but I wanted to change that and thought I would start here. Looks like there aren't really any threads that talk about one army in general so since I currently only have Nomads I think I will kick it off with that army.

Matt talks about how many games he has played in total and still describes himself as a beginner. With that in mind I would say that I'm even more of a beginner than he is. Iguess all that means is that I might n. know some tricks and combos that others might think are basic. Specifically to my army I have never tried a list that was built by someone else or utilized one of the "winning strategies" that may have seen ITS fame. I'm just an enthusiast and someone who wants to grow in the game.

Nomads are a great faction. They have excellent styling and backstory and can really do some great things on a table. All the factions have something to contribute in Infinity though so what is it that defines Nomads apart from the others? They are very good on defense, have great remotes and bots, and do the cloak and dagger hacking very well. Intruders are very useful and bring an excellent sniper option. Some Tunguska models have just been released so there are new options as well. What experiences do you all have with this faction?
Repent, for tomorrow you die!
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Thatbakerkid
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Nomads

Post by Thatbakerkid » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:38 am

Rockets, Remotes and Forward Observer can really make Nomads a powerhouse. Hacking in general is a strength as you have LI with Hacking Plus and decent WP.

A really common tactic is Forward Observers with Guided Missiles (usually on Meteor zonds). Zoe and PiWell can support this build really well (and with Zondbots you get a repairing Engineer to keep them in the fight as well).

Interceptorm Hackers have Hacking Plus devices can be really useful.

The thing with infinity is that really... a soldier is a soldier is a soldier. While the factions mix up what is available as far as skills and equipment... for the most part you can create a 'type' of list from any of the armies.
As they stirred heaven-and-earth, they combined to one...
And everything, was everyone, and each one was all.

Follow Guerrilla Miniature Games on Facebook.
New Battle Reports Monday through Friday on YouTube.

LonePathfinder
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by LonePathfinder » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:19 pm

You can Forward Observe with a Hacking Device+ through a Marker Repeater's zone of control :-) There is something to get your mind around. Then you can blast Guided Missiles.

Rezial
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Rezial » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:14 am

Oh yeah, I have definitely seen and heard a little about these. I believe I even saw Carlos from Corvus Belli explain a tactic like this with Beasts of War. I have a good sized army myself, around 20 models, and mostly Corregidor with a smattering of Bakunin. They're very fun but unfortunately there's only one other player in my area the moment.

I'm really interested in broadening my collection to include all types of list options. I love the Uberfallkommando models and I still haven't decided on an actual TAG. Truthfully I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to collect the entire range but priorities have to be set right?

As a fan of the entire game and it's factions I had to define what I liked the best and Nomads were it for my entry to the game. But as usual with me I chose an army for some reasons that were good but also didn't fully understand who they were from a rules standpoint. I'm learning them as I go though. The disturst of Aleph, radical space faring society, the dangerous edge to their character, it's all awesome. I can't wait to get some more painting on them done and share the army with the net.

Thatbakerkid
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Thatbakerkid » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 am

They're modeled loosely after the Space Rastas from Gibson's Neuromancer.

You can't go wrong with a Szalamandra. Once you go Hyper Rapid Magnetic Cannon you never go back. :)

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Peregrin » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with the Nomads.

I have a JSA and a generic Ariadna army and I've got buddies here who have Military Orders, Morat Aggression, Assault Sub Section of Aleph, Shaasvastii, and Haqq (primarily Hassassin).

I was tempted by the Nomads myself, though. I love the faceless masks, and I also like the less 'acceptable' units like the Uberfall and the Morlocks. I also wanted to experiment with some of the extreme hacking tactics, especially against Aleph, but ironically ended up collecting the only un-hackable faction instead.
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca

Rezial
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Rezial » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:16 am

It's actually a big asset to be un-hackable. One great thing about Infinity, among many, is that there's something to like in all the factions.

I'm curious to see how the new Tunguska models behave on a table. We've had Moderators before but not from that sectorial if I'm correct. Tunguska are the information brokers of the Nomads, and probably much more, but that leads me to believe they will be exceptional at certain skills and have some unique talents as well. Plus they look excellent. Most Infinity models do look pretty good though.

Makes me want to pick up a couple of Spektrs immediately.

Here's a question.... Are you guys finding any use out of characters besides Zoe and Pi-well?

Thatbakerkid
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Thatbakerkid » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Shes a twofer Engineer and Hacker who brings her own repeater with an ODD. Keep Pi Well with your Front line troops. Use an Intervenor to Forward observe through him and benefit from his ODD. He can also FO targets if need be. Keep a zond bot with him to use Zoe's engineer skill to keep him in the game. She can also hack through him.

Another Zondbot strategically placed with your rocket Zonds will keep them firing using her Engineering as well.

He/she works well if you want to bring guided missiles to the game. You get a lot for 53pts.