Tohaa vs PanO

Corvus Belli's awesome science fiction game.
LonePathfinder
Now we're getting somewhere...

Tohaa vs PanO

Post by LonePathfinder » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Just some quick notes:
At 10 minutes in, the Chaksa fails a dodge roll against the Hospitaller, who also fails his to hit roll. The Chaksa failed his roll so he cannot go prone. That is the risk of an ARO. If the Chaksa just moved prone, that would have been OK.

12 minutes in, again, the Tohaa link team dodged regardless of the success of any ARO roll, and on top of that they made a guts move. Moving a total or 2 x 1/2 first move. This is impossible. Max move in ARO is always less than 1/2 first move value:
Either make dodge, not get hit and dodge move, or fail dodge, get hit and move guts move.
But good bluff with a straight face :-)

At 16:40 the link team leader (FO) moves to the window. During that move the unit does not get cover bonus. Only for next turn, when it is already in contract with the cover does it get full cover bonus, so Squallo should have has BS of 18. No difference in the outcome due to critical roll, but still...

At 17:40; Guided Heavy Rocket Launcher has burst 2, so 2 saves required for each order by Squallo

At 20:20, another dodge without successful roll.

21:25 there is mention that a unit can move even if they fail an ARO dodge. This is wrong. Then a mention that this would not impact this game very much... but look above, there is lots of impact of miss-reading that rule. This game would have been very different if that rule was observed.

21:50, another ARO dodge without a roll.

23:29, Doctors can only heal from 0 to 1 wound. You cannot heal from 1 to 2 wounds (first wound is basically armour damage for heavy armoured units, then the second is an actually physical wound. So the first wound for heavy infantry cannot be healed back, ever.

24:25, still have to do a gut roll and move 1/2 of 1/2 first move value away from enemy because the unit is prone even if already in full cover, iff the units fails the guts roll.

But I have not watched Tohaa play before and I think this was a great learning curve for me and I enjoyed it very much. I hope I'm not coming across as a hard-core crap-kicker, since I'm trying to fill more of a mentoring role.

Thatbakerkid
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Tohaa vs PanO

Post by Thatbakerkid » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:49 am

As that was my first game in a year or so... I'm impressed we got so much right!
As they stirred heaven-and-earth, they combined to one...
And everything, was everyone, and each one was all.

Follow Guerrilla Miniature Games on Facebook.
New Battle Reports Monday through Friday on YouTube.

LonePathfinder
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by LonePathfinder » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:22 am

Hey, you did all-right. You won. Thanks for the demo. I like your choice of lists.

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Peregrin » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:46 pm

There were a few mistakes, but still entertaining.
Also nice to see what some units I don't play are capable of.
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca