Where to buy infinity models and play in the GTA

Corvus Belli's awesome science fiction game.
Draize
Now we're getting somewhere...

Where to buy infinity models and play in the GTA

Post by Draize » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:30 am

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to get into Infinity as it looks really cool. Specifically I want to play Aleph. Does anyone know what the best (ie cheapest) way to buy the models in Canada is? I have looked on the Warstore.com but they are sold out of a lot of things I want.

Also, does anyone play games in or around Toronto? I would like to find a group to play with.

Cheers

Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Where to buy infinity models and play in the GTA

Post by Peregrin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:00 am

http://www.blackknightgames.ca/about.html

They seem to be a solid online retailer, but they're in Hamilton. Google maps puts them at about an hour's drive from Toronto.
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca

Flindo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:55 am

theres also the meeple mart which is located in Toronto, I am pretty sure they are just a store and not a club though.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

Draize

Post by Draize » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks for the input, I've purchased some models! Now I just need to start playing.

Apocryphal Lore
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Apocryphal Lore » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:23 pm

www.meeplemart.com has 4 tables for playing any of the games, the owner has a bunch of painted and assembled scenery for Infinity. The tables are closed until january for the boxing day sales, but when they're open you might find some players - or organize on a message board to play there (I've never played there but I've observed a fair amount it seems to be a mixed crowd - mostly really nice guys and only a few not-friendly; but the un-friendlies seem like 40k players)

MRPYM
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MRPYM » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:56 pm

If you are willing to go to Meeplemart, I would be happy to play you.

I also know some of the guys who play infinity there.

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:49 pm

i live in Pickering / Oshawa and just ordered some model's and am starting to look for people to play with and learn the game once i get them.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

HotFreshTofu

Post by HotFreshTofu » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Meeple mart has the best prices in Canada for infinity, but they are often sold out of certain models for long periods. Its a big store, located on spadina at dundas. I've never played there but they have infinity day on Thursdays and I see others playing there. I'd be down for a game in Toronto if you need a partner.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:04 am

+1 for Meeple Mart.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:46 am

Love buying from meeple mart, cheaper prices, fast shipping, amazing customer service. I can't recommend them enough.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:37 am

IGfanatic wrote:Love buying from meeple mart, cheaper prices, fast shipping, amazing customer service. I can't recommend them enough.
And probably the best-stocked mini selection I've ever seen. I could go broke walking around that store.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 am

i wish i still worked a 20 minute walk from meeplemart now i work about a 30 minute walk or more away from meeplemart, and im to far to go on my lunches.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:33 am

drsergen wrote:i wish i still worked a 20 minute walk from meeplemart now i work about a 30 minute walk or more away from meeplemart, and im to far to go on my lunches.
I hear that. Though, I still remember when it was located out in the East end, in what was essentially a hole in the wall.

I just wish stock levels were kept a bit more consistent on the Infinity front.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:40 am

every time ive been there it looked like they had a decent ammount of infinity . . .maybe not every single model out but they quite the wall of infinity . im excited a friend of mine recently orderd some yu jing

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Since moving location, it has gotten a lot better, in part that he is no longer do it all alone and brought in some help.

Either way, it is a great spot.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel