New Campaign Season Interest Thread

Join in on the first ever Worldwide Warhammer 40k Campaign, taking part in actually influencing the story based off of your games. All the details are in this forum.
Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: New Campaign Season Interest Thread

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Signet-Powers wrote: But then all sides are out to stop the fortress, and the conclave won't let you eat Imperial worlds. Keep the rest of the Tyranids away from Dominion held worlds and we'd be more than happy to help you eat as many inferior worlds as you want...
Stopping the fortress? Such a lack of ambition... I thought that the only saving grace of your familly was a burning desire to reach new heights of power... I'm disappointed.
Signet-Powers wrote:The new faction are all about being pure evil apparently so joining them would make sense thematically as well if you'd rather Tyranids just be Tyranids.
Oh really? Good and evil are relative concepts. In a war, each side portray his own as good and the other as evil. Who is right? Who is wrong? Are they both good in their own manner or as much unsavory as the other? Who has the autority to decide that? And don't answer "the Emperor" because I have seen him making terrible mistakes with my own eyes when he was still walking among the living.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:31 pm

Kovlovsky wrote: Oh really? Good and evil are relative concepts. In a war, each side portray his own as good and the other as evil. Who is right? Who is wrong? Are they both good in their own manner or as much unsavory as the other? Who has the autority to decide that? And don't answer "the Emperor" because I have seen him making terrible mistakes with my own eyes when he was still walking among the living.
...Are you saying you'd rather support the enemy? The "Marines" of the Conclaves hide behind PDF and civilians, forcing us to fire on them. Kestral has always done all it possibly can to keep civilians casualties as low possible but sometimes harsh decision must be made for the good of our racial bloodlines.
Dheiti wrote:We just want biomass to for the fleet to survive and prosper, surely there is no greater good than the preservation of life?
Exactly. The Conclaves condemn us when all we do isn't protect our children!

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:06 am

Ronin wrote:Hey, here's the early draft of the rules so far. It's still in progress so plenty of typos and rough spots, but I wanted to give you guys an idea of what the campaign will be like. Anyone who played last year will be pretty familiar to the format. Feel free to leave any suggestions! Also the starting MP and rate will be decided once we have a full idea of how many people are playing. Here's the rules:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6O_MN ... sp=sharing

Games included:
- Warhammer 40k (All variants)
- Space Hulk
- Stormcloud Attack
- Dawn of war 1 and 2
- Conquest LCG
- Forbidden Stars
- BFG
- BFG Armada

Feel free to suggest other 40k brand games!

Seems good to me. :) The issues with stalemates we had last time should be solved because there's 3 factions this time around. I'm assuming that Kill-Team counts a second a variation of 40K right?

Btw, I take it no destroying planets this time around? :cry:
Last edited by Signet-Powers on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Jeffers » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:36 pm

Be glad to contribute any of factions to the cause.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Looks great! I like that it's a bit more visual and focused on a few planets. It's more interesting to think of a world as a gas giant like Jupiter or with a giant crack downbeat the middle meaning that forces have to transport around it, rather than just "some forge world" or "some feral world."

Do the numbers mean anything specific in terms of mechanics though?

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:26 pm

This is a good set up, I look forward to the campaign! Have you decided if it takes place before or during the last season?