Coming Late to the party.

Join in on the first ever Worldwide Warhammer 40k Campaign, taking part in actually influencing the story based off of your games. All the details are in this forum.
Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Coming Late to the party.

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:47 pm

I am bringing in reinforcements to this system but I am not sure how to jump into the established narrative; this is a more complicated system than the last 2 seasons of MWG campaign.

I just registered as casual for now.

Can anybody give me a heads up?
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Coming Late to the party.

Post by Signet-Powers » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:34 am

I think he's more asking about how the narrative has progressed than the basic set up.

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:49 am

Signet-Powers wrote:I think he's more asking about how the narrative has progressed than the basic set up.

Why not just say our side is heavily outgunned and outnumbered, by.............a lot!

Plus we already have Belial, master of the deathwing our our side, so they should join us!
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:15 am

Narritively speaking, the Dominon is mostly made up of the Kestral 706th regiment of Imperial Guard and a Dark Eldar Kabal lead by Lady Galianostra. The Kestral regiment claims to be here to take back the system for the "true" Imperial way and publicaly denies involvment with both the Dark Eldar and Dominion. They've settled a slave trading deal with the Dark Eldar in turn for their continued alliance. The Kabal is also involved for some sort of secret deal it has with the Scholar. It's all very hush, hush.

The conclave is messier. Half of them have a vendetta against us for spreading "Slander". The other half seem intent on making the slander true, such as when the Nurgle Lord (using resources supplied by the conclave) wiped out all life on Balrus using a nurgle plague, Balrus being a planet under their "Protection". Reason enough for the Dark Angels to declare them heretics as well, no?

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 am

Signet-Powers wrote:Narritively speaking, the Dominon is mostly made up of the Kestral 706th regiment of Imperial Guard and a Dark Eldar Kabal lead by Lady Galianostra. The Kestral regiment claims to be here to take back the system for the "true" Imperial way and publicaly denies involvment with both the Dark Eldar and Dominion. They've settled a slave trading deal with the Dark Eldar in turn for their continued alliance. The Kabal is also involved for some sort of secret deal it has with the Scholar. It's all very hush, hush.
You flatter me sir, but I am not the one who rules the Kabal Of The Black Heart, that would be the supreme overlord Asdrubael Vect, master of Commorragh.

As for the scholar's secret deals. It's only a secret if you don't tell everyone about it. What's the first rule of fight club........

The conclave is messier. Half of them have a vendetta against us for spreading "Slander". The other half seem intent on making the slander true, such as when the Nurgle Lord (using resources supplied by the conclave) wiped out all life on Balrus using a nurgle plague, Balrus being a planet under their "Protection". Reason enough for the Dark Angels to declare them heretics as well, no?

Slander? The fact that they're a bunch of chaos worshipers in disguise? I just call it like I see it.

The dominion is also supposed to be a secret society type of organization, with some mysterious guy pulling some strings to get things done.

Oddly enough that's much like the Dark Angels themselves.

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:22 am

I think I will be playing on your side, Hedonism. I quite like the idea of secrecy within the Dark Angels.... and Finding hidden truths with ulterior motives.

Ronin - How would I personally go about qualifying / requesting ASL points? you get together on mondays - is there a vent server you talk on? or similar?
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:45 am

aah. I see. you are using roll20.net

Got it. Do you want all players to try and chime in if they can? or just the more active players?
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Nexus_Crawler wrote:I think I will be playing on your side, Hedonism. I quite like the idea of secrecy within the Dark Angels.... and Finding hidden truths with ulterior motives.

Ronin - How would I personally go about qualifying / requesting ASL points? you get together on mondays - is there a vent server you talk on? or similar?

Don't worry about the ap assigning. As a sort of captain for the dominion, I've taken care of assigning ap for everyone.

So if you can't make it for the weekly meeting, don't worry about it. Just let me know the pts size you will be using and when you'll be playing games and I'll hook you up.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:27 pm

hehe... I am playing a tournament list tomorrow versus a super good player. I cant decide which of my lists I want to use though... both are designed to win. both are 1850 points
Dark Angels Allied Detachment (Primary Detachment)
• Libby, axe (warlord)
• Tactical Squad (reserves)
• Relic Whirlwind. Battle of Keylek

Battle Company Detatchment
Demi Company 1
• Captain PFist
• Assault squad (pod or rhino)
• Dev Squad x5. 2 las. (Rhino)
• Tac x5. Melta. (las plas razorback)
Demi Company 2
• Captain
• Assault squad (pod or rhino)
• Dev Squad x5. 2 las. (Rhino)
• Tac x5. Melta. (Bolter razorback)
First Company Task force
• Sternguard x5 . combi x5 (pod)
Dark Angels CAD
• Libbi, axe
• Vets, melta, combi, Pod
• Vets, melta, combi, Pod
• Tac x5. melta, combi, pod
• Tac x5, rhino
Household Detatchemnt
• Knight Errant, ironstorm pod
• Knight Errant, ironstorm pod
• Knight Warden, Stormspear Pod, Baron
Last edited by Nexus_Crawler on Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:30 pm

The demi companies are salamanders; twin link the sternguard vets :)

I need to use the SM codex in my next tournament because i cant use the DA one yet. has not been out long enough.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:13 am

Ronin wrote:The former would be nice, but I can't seem to schedule it when a lot of people are available lol. These sessions do last about an hour mostly cause bantering. Next one I plan on holding late afternoon tomorrow because I got plans with a friend visiting town.
I will try to be there. What time zone are you in?
--Necrons, Dark Angels--