Shadows Over Traxis - Sector Status and Battle Reports

Join in on the first ever Worldwide Warhammer 40k Campaign, taking part in actually influencing the story based off of your games. All the details are in this forum.
Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Shadows Over Traxis - Sector Status and Battle Reports

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:00 pm

+++ Incoming Transmission +++

So we meet at last, Commander Wolcott. Congratulations for being at the helm of your Regiment again. The Sergeant was a pretty young woman, but her heart was a bit too soft for the demands of leadership. However, I would like to ... respectfully request that you tone down your trigger happy behaviour with your nuclear weapons and torpedos. We can't waste important ressources anymore because of short term needs for revenge. The best way to avenge your losses is to pursue the enemy with greater severity instead of wiping out important worlds to our war effort. I'm sure this isn't too much to ask from you.

Regards,

Lord Suren of the Brotherhood of Vengence

+++ End of the transmission +++
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:56 pm

--- INCOMING TRANSMISSION ---

Greetings Lord Suren.

I'm not sure why you'd call her a pretty young woman, she's been in the regiment for over 50 years, is an alcoholic and many years my senior but whatever, once she's been mind wiped you can see if she's interested in you if you dare to ask her.

We must look to the future, and that means that no matter what this Whitestone fotress needs to be stopped. If I must destroy a planet or two to do so I will... but... you're right... I was foolish. If I am willing to work alongside abhorrent traitors such as yourself then I must be able to view my previous actions that led to my mutiny as foolish. I will no longer be nuking planets so long as they are populated... unless I need to... well I'll try...

Sincerely:
Lrd Cmdr A.Wolcott - Kestral 706th.

--- END TRANSMISSION ---

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:32 pm

+++ Incoming transmission +++

I must be getting old, but age doesn't mean much in the Eye of Terror. Allow me to find amusing the fact that she spent more than 25 years in the army and is still only Sergeant Major.

I'm happy that we are on the same wavelength about the management of strategic assets. I'm sure our mutual cooperation will be ... productive.

Ah treason, such an interesting term, isn't it? It seems so to denote such a black and white reality at first view, but when you look closer, it can be bent so much that it doesn't mean anything. I would have thought that this war would have teached you how thin the limit between loyalty and treason might be in the reality.

Regards,
Lord Suren of the Brotherhood of Vengence

+++ End of the Transmission +++
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:22 pm

Well Sergent Major is litterally the highest possible rank an enlisted soldier can achieve.

I suppose you're right on the subject of loyalty as well... Consider taking down the Whitestone fortress your first step on the path of redemption.

Sincerely
Lrd Cmdr A.Wolcott - Kestral 706th.

--- TRANSMISSION END ---

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:48 pm

++Incoming transmission++

Lord Suren, I believe you still have a job to do. You can socialize at the next office party, not in the middle of your workshift. The longer the Alpha legion remains uncovered, the harder it will be to find them. You have experience in dealing with them, so you know what it's like.

As for you Wolcott, consider yourself lucky. I may not be able to pull some strings to bail you out the next time you get into trouble. Unless you thought an inquisitor randomly showing up and saving you was a mere coincidence.

Maybe you'll take my advice more seriously next time.

++End transmission++
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:24 am

The Vox turned on and Wolcott answered. "Ah, Commander. Listen I believe you still have the capacity for another battle right?"
"Well, yes, but I can't really travel between planets right now-"
"Ah, sh, sh, sh, sh... listen apparently the Dark Eldar woman wants you to go after Hijiin, so I kinda need you to attack an orbital defence station there, like, right now."
"Right, and why do you care what she wants?"
"Reasons. I'll tell you about that another time. Right now follow her orders and go attack Hijiin."
"...yes Lord Inquisitor."
Player: Signet-Powers.
Planet targeted: Hijiin.
Result: Victory
Planet current defense rating: 2/3.
Commander name: Ashton Wolcott.
Faction: Astra Militarum.
Sub-Faction: Kestral 706th.
Alliance: Reclamation Dominion.
Scenario Played: Tactical objectives.
Points size played: 1750pts.
Current MP: Infinite.
Current ASL: 10.
Enemy Played: Orks.

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:27 am

- Planet Targeted: Iridial
- Result: Victory
- Planet Current Defense Rating: 1/2
- Commander Name: Warboss Roctan da Destroya
- Faction: Orks
- Subfaction: Da Destroyas
- Alliance: Dominion
- Scenario Played: Kill Points
- Game Size Played: 1500
- Your Current ASL: 10
- Your Current MP: 100

"WUT DID I TELL U?!?! DIS! BE! MINE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!"
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:29 am

- Planet Targeted: Hijin
- Planet Current Defense Rating: 1/3
- Commander Name: Phaeron Nosnibor
- Faction: Necrons
- Subfaction: Resokach dynasty
- Scenario Played: Tac Objectivss
- Game Size Played: 2000
- Your Current ASL: 5
- Your Current MP: 9

- Planet Targeted: Hijin
- Planet Current Defense Rating: 0/3
- Commander Name: Phaeron Nosnibor
- Faction: Necrons
- Subfaction: Resokach dynasty
- Scenario Played: Kill Points
- Game Size Played: 2000
- Your Current ASL: 6
- Your Current MP: 10

The lord began laughing "so this is your feeble attempt at fighting me? Well bow down to the might of the Necrons!"

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:30 am

Very good Wolcott, I guess I can give you another torpedo...

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:42 pm

(From the lord)
Acanthus! I hope you'll be interested to know that we found another family on the planet. It was a young girl, a younger boy, a father and a mother. We forced the mother to strangle the children and rip out the husbands eyes. This is what happens when you hide like a coward

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:30 pm

Asthis war draws to a conclusion, I have but one simple message for everyone...

Leave this system immediatly.

My deal with the Dark Eldar was that this system belongs to me and me only once the conclave was defeated. I am giving you all 24 hours effective immediately to gather your forces and abandon this sector permanently. Any non-Imperial human found within Traxis after that time will be exterminated with extreme predjudice.

Galianostra. I hope our alliance can continue into the future. As a token of goodwill, I am giving you 48 hours to evacuate the Exodites from this system. After all, I specifically remember you saying that the Eldar have no wish to colonise this system.

Sincerely,
Lrd Cmdr A. Wolcott - Kestral 706th.

--- END TRANSMISSION ---

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:40 pm

++Incoming transmission++

Very well then Monkeigh, I will uphold my end of the bargain once the Traxis sector is confimred to have been secured.

I wish that Elouith will be left alone however. I can still evacuate the peoples there, but the planet will not be touched by your species or anyother than ours.

Are things over yet, we'll see.

I know you're there chapter master, just waiting in the shadows, too afraid to face Lord Reschtakh, have you finally decided to back all those boasts you made or are you still all talk and no action?

++End transmission++

Acanthus
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Acanthus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:59 pm

Planet Targeted: Balrus
Planet defense rating: 1/2
Commander Name: Chapter Master Acanthus Valorum
Faction: Space Marines
Subfaction: Helios Guard
Alliance: Conclave of Seekers
Points size: 1,000
ASL: Infinite
MP: Infinite
Scenario: The Relic
Enemy: Death Guard+Iron Warriors

Aboard the space station Iliad, orbiting the planet Balrus, Sternguard veteran sergeant Torrian and his squad dropped to their knees behind barricades and low walls, trading bolter fire with squads of Chaos marines, vengeance rounds punching straight through the armor of their traitor foes. The Iron Warriors and Death Guard fired back, their shots rebounding from the plate of the veterans. From behind them, assault terminators phased into existence, hammers and shields at the ready as they rushed into the rear of their foes. The traitors, in panic, attempted to flee, but, as they did, they found themselves face to face with the sternguard, and were gunned down without mercy. Torrian himself put a bolt through the eye socket of their sergeant, and, without a wasted movement, voxed to the Chapter Master that all was ready.

Planet Targeted: Balrus
Planet defense rating: 0/2 (reclaimed)
Commander Name: Chapter Master Acanthus Valorum
Faction: Space Marines
Subfaction: Helios Guard
Alliance: Conclave of Seekers
Points size: 12,000
ASL: Infinite
MP: Infinite
Scenario: I'll discuss it in a second.
Enemy: Death Guard+Iron Warriors

Basically, we did a massive planetstrike scenario, wherein he got a huge fortress complex, and I got a pre-game orbital barrage, which took down the voidshields of one of his towers. The rules were: I could bring no vehicles aside from Dreadnoguhts, flyers, and drop pods. The only squads that could start on the battlefield were my 10th Company scouts, and my Drop Pods could all come in on the first turn (flyers and teleportation had to wait as normal). His only restriction was control of the fortress. I had to borrow a lot of drop pods, terrain, and other things form my friends, but I fielded Valorum, his honor guard squad of ten, a librarian, Harath Shen, a chaplain, a 1st company detachment, a 10th company detachment, and an entire battle company (the 2nd).

The prow of Valorum's Storm Eagle sliced through the green, plague-laden mists like a knife through butter, on its way to the fortress of the traitors. The Chapter Master had been unable to ascertain whether or not Reschtakh would be there, but it mattered not. There were other traitors to kill. Even as he thought the words, his gunship opened fire, missiles slamming into the fortifications of the Chaos Marines. Valroum knew that his alpha strike had already hit home; Dreadnoughts rampaged through the fortress, while tactical squads contested chokepoints, and thundefire cannons, whose pods had landed in the valley below, leveled shot after shot into the heretical redoubt. As his gunship neared the fortress, Valorum noticed that it was not jinking to avoid incoming fire. He took it as a sign that his men had succeeded in destroying the Icarus lascannons throughout the fortress. Slamming on his crested helm, Valorum stood, just as the ramp of the Storm Eagle began to lower. Traitors in green and silver-black fell all around him, unable to even slow the cold, implacable rage burning at his heart, as it did in the heart of every Astartes of the Helios Guard. And, as his honor guard, chief apothecary, and epistolary surged forward with him into the howling green mists, Valorum thought to himself "Reschtakh. I have come for you."
Helios Guard-Chapter Master Acanthus Valorum

"There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."
-George RR Martin.

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:00 am

For my friend:
Planet Targeted:Unia
Result: Win
Planet defense rating: 1/4
Commander Name: Skeletor
Faction: Chaos Space Marines
Subfaction: Death Guard
Alliance: Dominion
Points size: 1850
ASL: Who Cares
MP: Who Cares
Scenario: Relic

Summary: Fought tau this time. Guy had a ton of marker lights and a couple riptides, backed up by some crisis suits and kroot. The chaos responded to the gunline my getting the infiltrating warlord trait and had a unit of oblits and a daemon prince sneak up next to the foe.

As the rhino advanced towards the tau, the other units sprung forwards. Most of the markerlights from drones and pathfinders were taken out first turn, which put them at a huge disadvantage. The other player then put everything into the daemon prince, but couldn't scratch him, as he had both endurance and iron arm up.

Turn 2 onwards, the monster started chewing through a unit at a time, starting with a riptide and then destroying scores of kroot. Because he was so focussed on killing the daemon, he stopped bothering to go after the relic. A unit of plaguemarines hopped onto it and held the object for the win.

Planet Targeted: Unia
Planet defense rating: 0/4
Commander Name: Skeletor
Faction:Chaos Space Marines
Subfaction: Death Guard
ASL: NA
MP: NA
Scenario: Spoils Of War

Summary: Fought an army composed of knights and a voidshield generator. Was fairly close, as nothing could really harm the superheavies. And if it wasn't for DP with a black mace and iron arm, none of them would've fallen. By the end of the game both armies were pretty badly beaten up and the final score had the chaos side ahead by only a couple points.

Planet Targeted: Irridal
Planet defense rating: 0/2 Get lost conclave!
Commander Name: Lady Galianth Galianostra
Faction: Dark Eldar
Subfaction: Kabal Of The Black Heart
Points size: 2000
ASL: NA
MP: NA
Scenario: Purge The Alien/Dawn of War

An imperial knight, the marines are not screwing around this time.
And now to take out their command structure and end their resistance on this worthless ball of dirt for good.

Planet Targeted: Irridal
Result:Win
Planet Defense Rating:Doesn't matter. I had some unfinished business to take care of.
Commander Name: Lady Galianth Galianostra
Faction: Dark Eldar
Subfaction: Kabal Of The Black Heart
ASL:-
MP:-
Scenario: Cloak and Shadows

So it seems that the mechanicus still lingers on, time to troubleshoot that problem.

I'll get pics and a write up for my stuff done later, possibly by tomorrow.
Last edited by Hedonismbot on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.