Shadows Over Traxis - Sector Status and Battle Reports

Join in on the first ever Worldwide Warhammer 40k Campaign, taking part in actually influencing the story based off of your games. All the details are in this forum.
Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: SOT - Battle Report Submissions Thread

Post by Hedonismbot » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:12 pm

- Planet Targeted:Orlon(Attackers)
- Result:Win
- Planet Current Defense Rating: 2/3 Forgot to mention, you post what the defense rating is after the battle (Ronin)
- Commander Name:Lady Galianth Galianostra
- Faction:Dark Eldar
- Subfaction:Kabal Of The Black Heart
- Alliance:Dominion
- Scenario Played:Deadlock
- Game Size Played:1850
- Your Current ASL:6
- Your Current MP:9

Overview: The trading port of Orlon was the first to come under attack by the Dark Eldar, though it would not be the last. Lady Galianth choose to go for a devastating hammer blow and launched a massive assault on one of the main trading hubs, to shatter the local defenses and leave things wide open for a planet wide offensive.

A mechanicus contingent conducting business there, rose to the challenge of seeing off the invaders.

Deployment.

Moving around skimmers.
More positioning.

Hey Magos, calculate the odds of surviving this!
The main event, giant monster battle!

I wanted to fight an ad mech army like this, as it looked very powerful and his list was disgusting. He had a total of 18 kataphron tractor bots split up into 4 units and a big deathstar of 4 of the kastellax battle robots.

The amount of grav and haywire shots he could put out with each unit made me want to puke, as he could take on things like several imperial knights or wraith knights at once and not even break a sweat.

Then there were some crazy buffs like giving his squads stealth and shrouding for a turn, or letting him re roll one's to hit with shooting and so on.

It was fairly close and I won by about 4 pts or so, though if the store wasn't closing and the game went on , there was a good chance I could've tabled the rest of the army.

All in all a great game and I was able to capture his Magos with my Archon personally and have a giant monster fight, which was the real reason I wanted to play. I wanted to see which one was better and it turns out that my talos are, at least for now.

First Blood suckas!
Last edited by Hedonismbot on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Magnificent Wolf Head painted on the Land Raider btw. The rust is very convincing too.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:07 am

Kovlovsky wrote:Magnificent Wolf Head painted on the Land Raider btw. The rust is very convincing too.
How come you haven't signed up? Quit standing on the sidelines and get in on the action yourself!

Necrons 4eva

Re: Shadows Over Traxis - Sector Status and Battle Reports

Post by Necrons 4eva » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:40 pm

- Planet Targeted: Tor Nan
- Result: Win
- Planet Current Defense Rating: 1/2
- Commander Name: Phaeron Nosnibor
- Faction: Necrons
- Subfaction: Resokach Dynasty
- Alliance: Conclave of Seekers
- Scenario Played: Basic Tac, objectives one, I forgot the name and am too lazy to look
- Game Size Played: 1850
- Your Current ASL: 6
- Your Current MP: 9

“Finally” said the Phaeron “Back into combat. I may not be controlling this conclave, but I’ll sure as hell be controlling my own troops.” The phaeron watched the battle from a video link hooked up to a triarch stalker, he was not in the battle yet. The loyalist guard regiment located on the planet was no match for him. “This is too boring, bring me into the fight.” and with that he and 10 lychguard used a monolith to teleport straight into the heart of the battle. Imperials were falling left and right while the necrons suffered minimal casualties. Tomb blades whirred up the flanks, the Canoptek beasts charged from the middle, and his reclamation legion [I know, ironic] held their rear flank while providing pressure on the regiment of guard soldiers. The Phaeron and his lychguard charged an entire platoon of guardsman, hopping that the commisar leading them would fight him. The commisar foolheartedly attempted to best the necron in combat, this proved fatal. Holding the commisars head above his own, the phaeron simply had to look at the guardsman to make them flee. “Is this all Tor Nan has to muster? Oh well, another planet for the Conclave. Wonder if I’ll ever encounter some real resistance? Bah, no matter.” he nodded to his crypteks “see what you can do with these human slaves, Ive got a pretty good idea of someone who’d be willing to bargain for them… But anyways, there’s work to be done. Rumor is a small tomb world is in here, and if there was an ‘accidental’ hostile takeover, I don’t think anyone would really mind…”

Basically the guard player had no idea what he was doing. The game was over at the bottom of turn 3, when he had lost ½ his force and all i had lost was a few warriors and one lychguard.
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

Acanthus
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Acanthus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Planet Targeted: Xereso
Result: Win
Planet Current Defense Rating:3/4
Commander Name: Chapter Master Acanthus Valorum
Faction: Space Marines
Subfaction: Helios Guard
Alliance: Conclave of Seekers
Scenario Played: Purge the Alien
Game Size Played: 2,000 point
My Current ASL: 6
My Current MP: 9
Surrounded by his Honor Guard, the Chapter Banner proudly unfurled above his head, Acanthus Valorum lay about himself with hammer and shield, shattering the armor and bodies of the fallen Space Marines who hurled themselves recklessly at him. Already, a pile of broken World Eaters lay around him, their bodies crushed by the strikes of his great hammer. His Honor Guard were scarcely less impressive, carving a bloody swath through the frothing traitors with relic blade, power axe, and ancient maul. Smashing aside an Aspiring Champion, Valorum laid eyes upon the leader of the host. Clad in blood-red Terminator armor, surrounded by his bodyguard of similarly equipped warriors, the Chaos lord brandished a mighty axe in one hand, and a bayoneted bolter in the other. The two Astartes, loyalist and traitor, locked their gazes upon each other. Though he fought to contain it, an involuntary shudder of hatred and revulsion coursed up Valorum's spine. It was always the same with traitors; no matter how much he fought them, they always inspired the worst emotions within him. Loathing and rage in his voice, he cried through his helmet speaker: "With me, brothers! Their lord stands their , his bodyguard about him! Slay him, and this is over! Charge!" As one, the elite of the Helios Guard surged forward, bolters barking and voices raised. The Terminators rushed to meet their charge, and, in a storm of blades and bullets, the veterans were upon each other. Valorum, trusting in his warriors to slay the bodyguards, fought his way to the Chaos Lord. There were no words between them, nor promises of power or redemption; the two titans of war met in a clash of hammer and axe, shield and bayonet. Valorum took a mammoth strike on his Shield Eternal, before lashing out with his hammer. The Chaos Lord dodged the strike, coming back in with another chop. Valorum, having found the measure of his foe, took up a defensive posture, blocking strike after strike upon his ancient shield, biding his time for a fatal error. Finally, the fallen Astartes made a mistake; his axe was caught on the edge of the Shield Eternal for a fraction of a second too long. In that moment, Valorum, channeling all his rage, hatred, and faith, struck the traitor a massive blow with his hammer, shattering the World Eater's Terminator armor and pulverizing the flesh and bone beneath. The Lord flew through the air, before impacting upon the ground a dozen feet away. his duty done, and his foe slain, Valorum set about the task of reorganizing his strike force, and prepared to contact Chief Librarian Tigurius and his Ultramarines to make a full report.
Essentially, in a 2,000 point match, the World Eaters lost an entire Chaos Terminator Squad, 2 squads of Khorne Berzerkers, 1 Chaos Marine Squad, 2 Chaos Biker Squads, a Raptor Squad, a Terminator Lord, and a Land Raider, while I lost a Drop Pod, 2 Honor Guard, a Rhino, 15 Tactical Marines, half a full Devastator Squad, 3 Assault Marines, and a Scout Squad. I got First Blood and Slay the Warlord, and nobody got Linebreaker. We called it at the end of turn 6. Forgot to mention, I'm using Iron Hands Chapter Tactics.
Helios Guard-Chapter Master Acanthus Valorum

"There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."
-George RR Martin.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:40 pm

- Planet Targeted: Xereso
- Result: Win
- Planet Current Defense Rating: 2/4
- Commander Name: Inquisitor Harri Partamies
- Faction: Inquisition/Imperial Guard
- Subfaction: Geldern 27th
- Alliance: Conclave of the Seekers
- Scenario Played: Spoils of War
- Game Size Played: 2000
- Your Current ASL: 6
- Your Current MP: 9

Had a battle against Tyranids, it was a bloody battle which ended in a 12-11 win for Harri and Commander Erwinn. Harri was last seen buried in a pile of tyranid gaunts who were later blown to smithereens, assessment of his status pending.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Player: Signet-Powers.
Planet targeted: Denoran.
Result: Win.
Current planet defense value: 2/4
Commander name: Cmdr. Ashton Wolcott.
Faction: Astra Militarum.
Sub-faction: Kestral 706th.
Alliance: Reclemation dominion.
Scenario: Tactical Objectives.
Game size: 2000
Current ASl: 6
Current MP: 9

(I'm having trouble with my laptop so I can't get on the registration and planetary status document to update it, sorry, will do when I get it fixed)

I was up against a nurgle mechanised list. Lets simply say that I bring a lot of anti-armor. My platoon was completly massacred but my vets got lucky and managed to take out a land raider and the termies inside without too many casualties. My vendetta cleared his objective sitters without much resistance while my stormies killed his sorceror turn 3. They then died immediatly. Wolcott got through the ordeal unscathed(sitting at the back like a coward) while the Lord Commissar suffered a serious concusion.

Wolcott ran into the medical tent, spotting the commissar with ease. The four medics in hazard suits all seemed to be ignoring the rest of the men and women, each of which was bleeding everywhere and moaning in agony. A hand grabbed him and he turned to see a young orderly pointing towards the way he'd came in. "I'm sorry Commander but you need to remain outside."
"But I need to-"
"There's a risk of infection sir!" He knew the orderly was right. With much reluctance he nodded and stepped outside, the orderly quickly sealing up the tent behind him. sighing, he wiped his brow. He hadn't expected such a battle. Having heard that the Space Wolves were on the planet he'd assumed that most of conclaves forces would go to fight them instead but no, the response to them approaching the capital city had been brutal, fast and efficient.
He thought of the soldiers that had died before him, how they'd helplessly held their ground as their comrades were cut down in front of them. He speciffically rembered the leutenat that tried charging the marines, one had grabbed him and casually pulled his insides out like ribbons. He could still hear the screams-
"Commander!" the captian said firmly, saluting as he did so.
"Captain, speak."
"We've searched within a 25 mile grid, no sign of the enemy forces among the local territory, most likely they've retreated towards the city."
Wolcott smiled approvingly. "Good, in that case we continue onwards, get your men ready and we'll head straight there."
"Commander, we've taken many casualties and aren't up to strength for such an operat-"
"Then recruit locally. Don't care what you need to do to do it, get me more men than we had today."
"... yes sir."

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:55 pm

++Incoming transmission++

Your species medical practices are so appallingly crude and reeking of ignorance and sheer stupidity at first I thought it was a joke..........

As much as I enjoyed hearing about your men being in terrible agony, this will not do if it serves no real purpose.

I'm sending you some of my haemonculi allies to teach your doctors how to actually do their job. Don't worry I'm not going to torture them, they've suffered enough by even going near an operating table.

++End transmission++

And Ronin, don't be whining about Sicarius, that was your own doing, not mine!
Last edited by Hedonismbot on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:01 pm

- Planet Targeted:Orlon(Attackers)
- Result:Win
- Planet Current Defense Rating: 0/3 It's mine now!
- Commander Name:Lady Galianth Galianostra
- Faction:Dark Eldar
- Subfaction:Kabal Of The Black Heart
- Alliance:Dominion
- Scenario Played:The relic/ Vanguard strike.
- Game Size Played:1600
- Your Current ASL:6
- Your Current MP:9

Overview: With the main body of the defenders either slain or captured, Lady Galianth's forces began to comb through the various mercantile districts to clean up the last few pockets of resistance and continue onwards with their over all goals, word came in that there were some new arrivals.

It seems that a force of Black Templars had just arrived in system as part of a Rogue trader's fleet. Intelligence gathered from hacking into their primitive comms devices had ascertained that these space marines were rendering their assistance in exchange for help in locating the weapons and armour of one of their Emperors Champions, thought to have been lost many centuries ago.

Turns out the rogue trader had used his contacts and had managed to track the chapter's relics to the trading hub of Orlon and they may have indeed returned these objects to the chapter had they been a bit earlier in their arrival. Locating what the marines were seeking, the De decided to make the most out of the situation and use it as bait to lure the marines planetside.

Deployment. The scourges are not actually there, they're in reserve.
Getting ready to strike.
Fine, you want to send your elites in I'll do the same. Though that is the the Drazhar model in the top right of the pic, he's just counting as a klaivex for the game.
Just before the first and only round of combat those terminators would ever see(and they didn't even get to attack).

This one was a far cry from the last game, as it was far from being as close. My opponent was used to fighting chaos marines and made the rather dubious decision of allowing me the first turn, which was fine by me, as it let me go straight for the jugular.

Nothing happened first turn for either of us, other than positioning and then I hit his army really hard come turn 2. In a single go I was able to completely destroy or cripple his ranged units and from then on, it was mostly just mopping things up. Only thing that may have given him some hope was a squad of assault terminators with a marshal that tried to teleport onto the relic but ended up standing front of my entire army.

They didn't even last a single game turn and what was left after being shot at got wiped out in combat by the incubi and my Archon.

After that it was really over. The rest of his squads refused to go anywhere near the relic after seeing what I did to his best unit and I just kept shooting his tac squads down bit by bit(turns out they do know fear). He tapped by the end of turn 4 as it was very likely I was going to table him by the end of t 5.

Not that I mind, I secured a whole bunch of them as slaves, including his captain and terminator bodyguard, along with the relic. Not bad for a day's work.

Planet conquering first blood!
Last edited by Hedonismbot on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:38 am, edited 5 times in total.