Player Registration, Backstory, and Army Status Page

Join in on the first ever Worldwide Warhammer 40k Campaign, taking part in actually influencing the story based off of your games. All the details are in this forum.
Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Shadows Over Traxis - Storyline

Post by Hedonismbot » Sun May 31, 2015 7:38 pm

++Incoming Transmisson++

This is a message to both of the leaders of these respective "alliances" as this will save me much time getting this all done at once, as I am a very busy Archon with many things to do at the moment.

I have heard about this call to arms sounded by both sides and while each one of you do pose some interesting choices that could amuse me for a short while, I have not been impressed enough by either of you to strongly consider aiding either one.

As for you "Scholar" with your petty little secret society, from what I've heard through my own various sources, thinking that you can take this fortress with what you have available made me assume you were making some kind of joke, until I realized otherwise.

I had no trouble at all completely subjugating the main planetary system in the whole Nova Armerian sector almost single handedly and this fortress won't be any different. So why should I even consider aiding you when I can simply do it myself?

Conclave, you seem to having a bit of trouble as of late. I was greatly saddened by the loss of your captain Sicarius and inquisitor Valeria. I won't be able to have him flee like a coward at the mere mention of my presence like he did in the Merovingian sector and the thought of having him groveling at my feet begging for mercy will bring a smile to my face no matter how foul of a mood I'm in.

As for Valeria, the fact the Alpha Legion executed her made me sick. I demanded that they hand her over to me and was even generous enough to pay them handsomely for it. I had plans to violate her in so many ways that even she who thirsts would vomit in disgust and the fact that I will never be able to do this has made me very angry with them.

Anyways, enough of my ranting, even though it was your fault they are gone now, you are only Monkeigh, so it's not fair of me to expect so much of you, the least of which is how you even think you have a chance at victory here.

If one of my craftworlder cousins seems to think you will be of some use for the moment, then perhaps I can be persuaded to not drag the lot of you kicking and screaming back to Commorragh. For now.

You will find I am a very reasonable Archon, so what could you possibly give me to have me aid you instead of oppose you? Of course if you wish to resist.......

So for both leaders, contact me in person and we will discuss this problem of yours, then perhaps we can do business...........

++End Transmission++
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

27th Geldern Epilogue

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:32 am

Having arrived late due to warp travel problems the 27th Geldern regiment found Nova Armenia in violent turmoil. Forming the bulk of the Imperial Relief Forces, General Coehoorn and his men tried to do what they could to evacuate the civilian populace of the sector that were still loyal to the Imperium.

Their forces were met with heavy resistance from Eldar in the sector, that seemed to have overrun Nova Armenia. In the fighting that ensued the 27th Geldern regiment suffered considerable losses in manpower and General Coehoorn himself was grievously injured.

With their commanding officer out of commission a distress call was sent to the Geldern Sector, asking for more manpower. After witnessing the might of the whitestone fortress, Commander Eisenfaust and Commissar Jenssen were certain they needed more men than they currently had at their disposal. The rescued remnants of the Phoenix Conglomerate were indoctrinated into the 27th and to stay alive a deal was struck to help Commander Thadius and the Chantilix survivors. Earlier miscommunication that led to open conflict was resolved and both regiments as well as the relief fleet now saw towards a common goal.

After several months of skirmishes across what was left of the sector a couple of ships arrived from the warp. A few transports, bearing the familiar markings of the battle groups stationed near the Geldern sector, but at the front was a small silver cruiser. The silver ship turned out to be the personal cruiser of Inquisitor Harri Partamies. The Geldern Sector had a long history of having their men recruited by inquisitors although it had been a while since one had requisitioned an entire regiment.

With Coehoorn still recovering, Inquisitor Harri was quick to take command of the 27th Geldern, the reinforcements he brought with him bolstered the regiment and got them back to fighting strength. The Inquisitor seemed eager to go his own path, but, thanks to the advice of the remaining Geldern Commanders, kept ties to the other human survivors of the Nova Armenia disaster.

Inquisitor Harri is not one for subtlety and was prepared to lead his new found forces from the front. Eisenfaust and Jenssen could only guess at his motives, but one thing was certain, he had war on his mind.

Hope you don't mind Ronin, but helping Flaire Thadius is about the only way I can tie in my forces with any of the 2 alliances. The Inquisitor might have it out for the both of them, but who knows?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: 27th Geldern Epilogue

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:06 pm

Sure thing!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Signet-Powers

Re: Player Registration and Backstory Page

Post by Signet-Powers » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:51 am

Sitting at his personal desk in his personal room on the battleship, Commander Wolcott of the 706th Kestral regiment looked over the data slate presented before him for quite possibly the umpteenth time that hour. Originally he had been so excited for this position as commander of the regiment that when he accepted it he had never even considered that it might be mostly nothing but paperwork and looking over reports, each one more boring than the last. He realized that this was probably why the previous commander had retired the position onto him.

Suddenly the door opened and the Lord Commissar stepped in, a gruff, moody old man but Wolcott appreciated that at least something as happening. Greeting him with a small nod, the old man pulled out another data slate. Wolcott felt himself die a little inside when he saw it.

“These are the so called ‘records’ of the conclaves vox-communications, their private one’s anyway.” He brought up a collection of walls of text, Morse code and various images of meetings. “As you can see, this is absolute proof that they’ve been developing relations with xenos, allying with them and working alongside them.”

The young commander stroked his hair back and breathed in heavily. “Looks that way doesn’t it.”

The Commissar huffed in agreement. “It appears that this conclave is without doubt heretical. To ally with them or even allow them to continue would be a crime against the emperor himself.”

“Then as loyal imperial servants we no choice but to declare war on this conclave, for the crimes of impersonating the ultramarines, ordo-xenos and tyring to drag the 706th down with its degenerate acts. I presume that all this means that they were responsible for the Nova-Ameria sector disappearing?”

“That’s the most likely explanation. High command has ordered us to attack the conclave regardless. Additionally it is of some concern to myself that our communications officers are saying that there’s something wrong with the channel that our orders came in through.”

Wolcott got up from his chair and straightened his collar. “Most likely the conclave is already trying to scramble our communications. In that case I’ll get the captains to inform their companies that we’re mobilising as quickly as possible. The conclave has several pretty powerful looking forces under their direct control, the quicker we annihilate them the better.”

The commissar nodded. “Of course Commander. I’ll see myself out.” he nodded respectfully and turned to leave.

“Actually, one last thing before you go Lord Commissar.” He stopped and tilted his head slightly, still looking towards the door. “This… dominion they accuse of us of being in leagues with… obviously we aren’t but… is there any truth to it?”

The old man snorted. “Given the insane nonsense they already expect us to believe I wouldn’t advice wasting your time following up on it.” he then left immediately, the door closing behind him on its own.

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:57 am

++Incoming transmission++
You all disgust me. Tactically, there's nearly no benefit to Traxis. No tomb world, no tyranid invasion, no massive chaotic presence, what are you even fighting for?

After our losses in Nova Armenium, our ranks our depleted. I speak for the rest of the (destroyed but not forgotten) CAAI too, when I say that. I might understand why the imperial guard would be involved, more citizens for their ranks. And the dark eldar... Well... I mean there are lots of slaves available. But there are slaves and citizens elsewhere. The fate of this sector has already been left up to two sides, I'm not sure if I want to partake.

However, I do have unfinished business with some of you. Simply for the sake of honor, the Resokach dynasty will be engaged in this war. For whom we are fighting for, that is yet to be determined. But we will be taking our forces and crushing all resistance on Traxis.

So who do I support, an alliance with an unknown leader or an alliance made by the imperium. I trust neither and would need a reason to join one over the other. I'm not sure how either one would support my goals, but if I am forced to I will join one. I proved my worth a few years ago [OOC anyone remember Katharon's campaign?] and also, before Nova Armenium was destroyed, I was able to claim a large section of space. Whichever alliance can convince me to join it first, that's the one that my legions will fight for. I may not like it but my honor wasn't destroyed with Nova Armenium.

Be prepared mortals, Traxis will fall into our hands, I can guarantee that.

++Transmission End++
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:34 am

I see that you still haven't learned a thing you tired old heap of scrap metal. This isn't about honour at all and even the most dim witted ogryn can it's all about revenge and that you're still butt hurt about your so called alliance being made out as complete idiots.

Apparently you still haven't learned a thing after getting your rear armour handed to you by a bunch of Monkeigh with a couple lame parlour tricks. Go back to rebuilding your so called dynasties and leave the real work to grown ups.

You can go ahead and try to prove your worth all you want, but I won't be there to hold your hand this time(I do remember Katharon's campaign and without my glorious intervention you would've been crushed like the tin can you are). A 0% guarantee of success isn't something that inspire anybody.

Or perhaps I should do all of us a favour and turn you into my personal bodily waste disposal unit when I'm done with this backwater area of space.

Acanthus
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Acanthus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:44 am

"Though we are forced to align ourselves with xenos for the moment, everything we do, we do for the Emperor. The Helios Guard will not take a single backwards step while the people of Traxis suffer and die at the hands of the foul enemies of Man. We stand with our brothers the Ultramarines against this "Dominion," and if doing so requires us to join the Conclave, so be it. The Emperor protects, now and forever!"
-Acanthus Valorum, Chapter Master of the Helios Guard
Helios Guard-Chapter Master Acanthus Valorum

"There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."
-George RR Martin.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:42 am

---INCOMING TRANSMISSION---

It seems Warfare has yet to begin and already we are outnumbered, our enemies publicly preparing to strike. No matter, we will annihilate all who stands in our way and then we’ll go back and exterminate whomsoever we missed.

The Chaos gods themselves could face us directly and we still wouldn’t back down, you think some reanimated metal corpses scare us? Your coalition died and you have nothing to show for it. Finishing off the remaining scavengers won’t be a difficult task. And I mustn’t forget the depraved collection of latex wearing Eldar sycophants off their heads on narcotics. I'd be worried that you might steal the conclave representatives before I get to interrogate them, but your track record suggests that won't be likely.

As for you traitors, if the people of Traxis must live a life under Xenos democracy then they’d be better off not living at all. Fortunately we will relieve them of this possibility through your complete and utter destruction.

Conclave of so called Seekers, I leave you with one question and a very simple question at that. If you are expecting me to believe that the Ultramarines are truly present among your council then tell me, why are their forces not involved in this war?

Cmdr. A Wolcott of the Kestral 706th.

---TRANSMISSION ENDS---

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:14 am

My track record suggesting that not being likely? Is that one where I've crushed everything that stood in my way, or have you been inhaling too much sacred incense as you pray to a rotting hunk of meat in a chair.

The Eldar race has survived a planetary system killing weapon unscathed not to mention taking everything the alliance of order could throw at us and merely adding to my latest tally of fresh slaves.

Since I've never heard of your regiment or your backwater planet, you really aren't even worth expending the minimal amount of effort required to bring you to heel. So do not bother us until you become something of value.

I will indulge your question about the astartes since your own species is either too ignorant or lazy to bother.

The 2nd company was here but was wither wiped out, or some of it's men were captured by me during the course of phase 1

Elements of the first company have been allocated to chief librarian Tigurius from what information has been given..

Acanthus
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Acanthus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Guardsmen of Kestral, you have been decieved. It is you who are under the control of xenos most foul. Your every action has been predetermined by this "Dominion" and its leader, the Scholar. You have unwittingly foresaken the Emperor. May He have mercy on your souls, for we will not.
-Chapter Master Acanthus Valorum of the Helios Guard

-George RR Martin.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:42 pm

Ronin wrote: Why did I kill my own characters? Because I'm the George RR Martin of 40k campaigns. :twisted:
That's the difference between a great and a decent writer. A great one knows that in a good story, the readers must pass through a large range of emotions including sadness and being worried about if the events will end well or not. When a loved character dies, readers become sad, but also understand that even the coolest ones are threatened and they should be worried about their safety. A decent writer doesn't understand this and he rarely kills off his characters because he fears readers reactions or because "the good guys shouldn't die" syndrome which make ok, but not awesome stories most of the time.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Acanthus
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Acanthus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:43 pm

Understood. I'll be more careful about the scholar (I got the name wrong. Oops). Anyway, sorry, I'm just so pumped for this campaign!

-George RR Martin.