General Discussionn/Player Feedback

Join in on the first ever Worldwide Warhammer 40k Campaign, taking part in actually influencing the story based off of your games. All the details are in this forum.
Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: General Discussionn/Player Feedback

Post by Signet-Powers » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Hey everyone, I've got a lot of work piling up from end of Uni and other stuff, so I'll be taking a break for a few weeks/a month or so.

In the meantime though feel free to continue and keep going. I don't want to hold everything up again like last time.

Hopefully I'll return sooner than later. Just keep at it for now. :)

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:43 pm

I want to make sure my posts are enjoyable and understandable for everyone so i want to ask you all some questions and dont be afraid to be brutally honest.
1. Are my posts too short or too choppy?
2. Do i switch perspectives too much? Im trying to give as many members of my warbands inner circle as much 'screen time' as possible but i feel like it is a little too disorienting
3. Am i being too bland during action scenes or too over the top?
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

originalpancake
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by originalpancake » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Here's what i think so far
1. you sometimes make battle seem mudane like having people have a casuall conversation while fighting. I don't think that people can't talk while fighting i just think it kind of nullify's the battle making it seem like less of a battle and more of a bunch of friends playing a video game and chatting try to make the conversations in battle a bit more hectic.
2. You don't give anofgh scale to your smaller action scenes. When i read the smaller one's sometimes it feel's as though it's just a line of gaurds men marching in in single file.Try to either be more descriptive about how long they have been fighting. How many enemys they have killed exetra. You could also straight up use numbers and tell us using statistic's to describe how the battle is going when it's not a full fledged from beggining of the battle to end action scene and your just allowing the readers to check up on how that commader is doing.

originalpancake
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by originalpancake » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Does any one want to send help to the penal colony tartarus prison planet that my tyranids are currently invading. you would know do to the distress signall sent out and the war there would be a lot larger scale of a war titians would be aloud and it would be across the whole planet and the space station. I'm asking this because i don't think the prison gaurds forces as well as some prisoners who are all equiped with heavy stubbers and auto-guns relly stand a chance in the long run against a full fledged tyranid invasion. I think it would be much more intresting to have some of your guy's factions fight against them as well. And no i'm not nescarily asking you to disengage troops from ferros alpha I was more thinking that forces that currently have troops either in reserves or allready in space respond. I would like to know if any of you would like to interact with this planet allowing for a more interwoven side conflict that has a much larger. Just tell me what you guys think i'm genuinlly curious about what you guy's think and if you want to try and do this.

originalpancake
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by originalpancake » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Does any one want to send help to the penal colony tartarus prison planet that my tyranids are currently invading. you would know do to the distress signall sent out and the war there would be a lot larger scale of a war titians would be aloud and it would be across the whole planet and the space station. I'm asking this because i don't think the prison gaurds forces as well as some prisoners who are all equiped with heavy stubbers and auto-guns relly stand a chance in the long run against a full fledged tyranid invasion not to mention the faact that they don't have any obvoius way to take down the tyranid's bio titians. I think it would be much more intresting to have some of your guy's factions fight against them as well. And no i'm not nescarily asking you to disengage troops from ferros alpha I was more thinking that forces that currently have troops either in reserves or allready in space respond. I would like to know if any of you would like to interact with this planet allowing for a more interwoven side conflict that has a much larger scale to the one on ferros alpha. Just tell me what you guys think i'm genuinlly curious about what you guy's think and if you want to try and do this.

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:38 pm

First off, thank you for the advice pancake. Second, i definitely think the invasion of the penal colony is the perfect thing for some imperial forces...say maybe the Helios Guard space marines that were stranded on Iso managed to stumble upon the planet or even a certain rogue adeptus mechanicus fleet. Tis a shame that the users who write for those forces are MIA 8)
Armies i collect:
7,268pts Salamanders

originalpancake
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by originalpancake » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Thx for the reply let me know if you have any other ideas as to how other people could interact with the invasion of the penal colony.

originalpancake
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by originalpancake » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:34 pm

also is the story currently on hold till SIgnet get's back or are we still doing it and just nobody's writen for awhile

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:58 pm

The story is still going, i just haven't written anything because I have a more reactive writing style and no one has really written anything for me to react to plus no one else has said anything
Armies i collect:
7,268pts Salamanders

Driedguide42
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Driedguide42 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Sorry for not updating guys will be putting something this week, hopefully tomorrow.

As for the penal colony the main problem is that their is no real reason to head out that way for the Helios Guard and Iron Wardens while ferros alpha is under attack. One planet of prisinors is not worth possible losing the bulk of the conclave forces and with an hive fleet there the Wardens practicality would lead them to re-frame from attacking without serious back up.
Iron Wardens - By the will of the Gorgon
"Make war and move on, and again, and again, until nothing breathes which stands against us. All else is sophistry and pretty lies"
- Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Xth Legion Iron Hands.

Raschier
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Raschier » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:44 pm

I have and had a busy couple of weeks with several deadlines and now my exams. So I'll try to update my story, but I don't have much time.

About the Penal Colony: I agree with Driedguide here that the priority of the conclave is not focused on the Tyranids and the penal colony, while Ferrous Alpha is under siege. And I myself have a too small a force to really compete with the Hive Fleet, but as one of my characters is an Xenos Inquisitor, he might focus his attention your way, and get some more manpower to cope with an Hive Fleet. But he has things to deal with before he can focus on the Tyranids.

Driedguide42
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Driedguide42 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Honestly if we are all being buried with work maybe we should just leave it till the end of April. Just so we aren't feeling pressured in to posting for the sake of posting.
Iron Wardens - By the will of the Gorgon
"Make war and move on, and again, and again, until nothing breathes which stands against us. All else is sophistry and pretty lies"
- Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Xth Legion Iron Hands.

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:56 am

If yous wanna hold it off to the end of April that's fine, but like I said you can still keep posting without me around if you want.

I will be back eventually, and when I do rest assured there will be forces arriving at the Penal Colony and they will be significant. Bear in mind though that this is a developing story and every new faction has to be gradually introduced into the plot in a way that works. It's a slow pace and takes time, Remember this battle at Ferrous has been going on less than a few hours so far.

Salamander, if you've identified those four issues in your post then I think you've already come to the conclusion that you wanna improve those four things. My advice is to read non-40k books, look at how they write out stuff and also look up writing advice on things like Tumblr or blogs. May not seem like much but I found a lot of helpful and easy writing tips on them back when I first started.

originalpancake
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by originalpancake » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:37 pm

K got it considering this should i have a quicker time scale for the battle on the penal colony or should i keep it the same as ferros alpha

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:42 pm

Signet-Powers wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:56 am
Salamander, if you've identified those four issues in your post then I think you've already come to the conclusion that you wanna improve those four things. My advice is to read non-40k books, look at how they write out stuff and also look up writing advice on things like Tumblr or blogs. May not seem like much but I found a lot of helpful and easy writing tips on them back when I first started.
Yeah i already kinda knew the problems but i guess i kinda wanted some kind of verification or something. Thanks everyone. Also i will be ok with waiting til april, gives me time to work on my new Genestealer cult army
Armies i collect:
7,268pts Salamanders