General Discussionn/Player Feedback

Join in on the first ever Worldwide Warhammer 40k Campaign, taking part in actually influencing the story based off of your games. All the details are in this forum.
Lord-Terrycus
Silver Vault Member

Re: General Discussionn/Player Feedback

Post by Lord-Terrycus » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Driedguide42 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:09 am
Apologies for taking so long to respond, but wanted to make sure that I was well informed before posting what my chapter would do if confronted by the custodians.

After looking at the actual quote (a custodian Emissary addressing the Hammers of Dorn) the message seams to be "shut up and stop asking questions about the new guys, or be declared heretics", now the main problem I have is a lack of context of what lead to this confrontation. What did the Hammers do to draw the attention of the custodian to intervene? They obviously had problems with the Primaris but to what extent? Was it as simple as sending consent messages to Terra for clarifcation? Or had the Hammers come to blows with Primaris in their own ranks or as an outside force? Because of a custodian being dispatched I would assume the Hammers have been doing more than asking questions.

The main issue is that the Primaris in my chapter have not be locked up or killed, they have been formed as a separate company and have been sent out as a crusade force. They are acting as any other company would be expected to. The only reason that they have been formed as a singular company is due to the insult they represent. Not as Primaris but as outsiders attempting to influence the Iron Wardens by inducting marines in to the chapter and promoting some of them to Sergeants, Lieutenants and even a Captain, without them going under the training and induction that is required by the Wardens. If they weren't Primaris and simply more standard marines trained and promoted by some one outside the chapter the response would be the same.

Now to tackle the response to a Custodian asking about the Primaris, I honestly think that the Wardens would simply point to the fact that the Primaris are being used as regular Astartes. Honestly I don't see the Custodians caring whether the Marines get on or not and to enforce such behaviour would probably be crossing the line for many chapters.
I can appreciate that, i’m Only asking as I personally am enjoying my work on my personal put together of my Custodes Shieldhost, And was curious on your thoughts. Though I was more referring to not using the technology received with them to create more-I couldn't Remember if you said it was simply ‘they don’t’ or ‘not yet’.
First Knight Alexi Barsov Of Redclaw

Driedguide42
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Driedguide42 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:29 pm

The 13th are being used as a proof of concept. They are being fielded alone to see whether the Primaris will be worth the additional time and resources needed to create them. The Wardens home world is on the wrong side of the eye of terror to receive regular resupply from Terra or Mars so these new marines are going to be harder to replace once dead.
Iron Wardens - By the will of the Gorgon
"Make war and move on, and again, and again, until nothing breathes which stands against us. All else is sophistry and pretty lies"
- Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Xth Legion Iron Hands.

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:32 pm

I just wanna add, to be clear, that while we wanna stick as close to 40K canon as we can, this is a non-canon mini verse already. This season we've put a bit more effort into keeping it lore-friendly but with new codexes and books coming out by the month there's inevitably going to be more inconsistencies like this.

And I mean, after all, let's not forget that the reason the Iron Wardens have come to this part of the galaxy in the first place is because last season the Kestrals betrayed the Death Korps and helped the Dark Eldar steal the planet Lucius. Looking back now, that was absolutely not possible in canon (though fun to write).

So as a rule, I think we should stick to official canon as close as we can. After all, that's part of the fun. But if we realise something was incorrect or doesn't fit in after the fact, there's not too much we can do and as long as the campaign story is fine, just sort of roll with it really.

Though personally I don't think there's anything particularly canon-breaking about the Wardens treatment of the 13th company. This is set on the Eastern frige of the Milky Way, so there's near about 50 million stars in between them and Terra. Perhaps the Custodians would take issue, but it would take them a long, long time to even track the Wardens down to begin with. Like Decades.

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:08 pm

I realize this question is a little late in being asked but are the daemons around deselin slaaneshi daemonettes? Cause arent daemonettes the size of humans?
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Yes. I should have been more clear. When I say they're clinging on to Desilin i mean more like they're sort of piggy-backing and wrapping around his legs like this (kinda nsfw but not really):
[+] Expand
Desilin is bigger than a normal human (not primaris sized though) so I figure he'd easily take the weight.

But yes they are human sized. I think they might actually be slightly taller in lore, more like Eldar.

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Ok, i just wanted to ask cause you mentioned one sitting on his shoulder and i wanted to make sure cause shoulders the size of land raiders is something worth mentioning :lol:
Armies i collect:
7,268pts Salamanders

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:04 pm

How's this? :wink:

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:09 am

Hi.

EDITED

Also, as a rule for everyone, if you wanna bring in something like a Titan or new faction you ask me first. Which, btw, no titans on Ferrous-Alpha.

I've been quite lenient in not giving any rules or limits so far but we punished players last season for this sort of escalation. I don't want to have to bring in any more restrictions.

- DM
Last edited by Signet-Powers on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:18 am

Gotcha i got a little overzealous, ill write the warpsmiths having issues rebooting the warhound. My apologies for not asking
Armies i collect:
7,268pts Salamanders

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am

No it's my fault. The campaign has been going on a while now so I should have established rules by now. I was also a bit too overzealous in my last post, so I do apoligise for that.

originalpancake
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by originalpancake » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Can you guy's tell me what you think of my new tyranid hive fleet getting involved in the story just posted my first bit and i would like to get some people's suggestions for what i should do with them

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Anyone familiar with the bible and gospel stories will probably appreciate the name given to my sorcerer in relation to the task he is given. While he isn't doing the exact same thing, i think its reasonable to view his spying as a hitherto form of betrayal
Armies i collect:
7,268pts Salamanders

originalpancake
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by originalpancake » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:17 pm

how does the campain that came befor this work and is this campain replacing that

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:29 pm

originalpancake wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:17 pm
how does the campain that came befor this work and is this campain replacing that
This campaign is a continuation of the story from the other one. I actually don't know much about the Shadows over Traxis campaign because i did not get into playing warhammer 40k until around late 2016 or early 2017
Armies i collect:
7,268pts Salamanders

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:48 pm

There was supposed to be another proper campaign by Ronin were we actually play games weekly. That didn't turn out to be doable at the time though so we're just sort of continuing the RP stuff in the meantime.

The last campaign does feed into this, but I've tried to keep it so you only really need to bother reading the current season to get an understanding of what's going on. That's why I set it seven years after.