General Discussionn/Player Feedback

Join in on the first ever Worldwide Warhammer 40k Campaign, taking part in actually influencing the story based off of your games. All the details are in this forum.
khani
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: A relic from the old days

Post by khani » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:08 am

i remember the cities of death one, was fun
.... :mrgreen:
Khani is more OT family then Shas! There I said it! -IGfanatic

Khani I have to admit, you're awesome -wulfrun

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only.... Khani? -the airman

pricey333
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by pricey333 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:47 am

They had to retcon the eye of terra because chaos won, so terra would have been destroyed.
Credo quia absurdum est- I believe it because it is absurd

Cypher, the Fallen Angel is rumored to have descended from Desmond Miles- http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Cypher

Double Heresy "BLAM"- http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sorcerers_of_Khorne

furrby
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.

Post by furrby » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:09 am

i wish they would make a global campaign and lore would go forward based on result of this war. Or at least sector.

Release some upgrade packs, some sector campaign book and ability for people to play it and plot going forward every 3-6 months fo 2-4 years.

They could bring in minotaurs, lamenters, crimson sloughter, cleaved and some more "2 founding" chapters figthing. Blood Ravens :D
Your hate makes me stronger.
Space Wolves tactica

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:36 am

Unfortunately - running events like this and making the game "fun" is not in GW's business model.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

hislittlecuzin

Post by hislittlecuzin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:04 am

GW should hold a worldwide campaign of Chaos VS Orks VS Imperium of man, and they should all battle for the ability to receive the last factory of an amazing tank only released to the codexes of the winners. Let the players battles affect the war.
Guardsmen are like ants. No matter how many get vaporized, they just keep on coming. Why can't pancakes be the same? I would pass the salt, but I just got tabled.

TheAurgelmir

Post by TheAurgelmir » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:34 pm

hislittlecuzin wrote:GW should hold a worldwide campaign of Chaos VS Orks VS Imperium of man, and they should all battle for the ability to receive the last factory of an amazing tank only released to the codexes of the winners. Let the players battles affect the war.
Then Tau, Eldar and Necorns swoop in and destroy it all!

Before the Tyranids eat the survivors.

furrby

Post by furrby » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:31 pm

They could have a sector that winners will hold :D and this sector could benefit with extra HQ available for each codex during time when they hold sector.

Everyone wins, they sell more models, people are happy :D stuff is rolling. Essentially i would try to make a real sport from warhammer because this is what would bring audience and more and more money to the market.
Space Wolves tactica

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:34 pm

furrby wrote:They could have a sector that winners will hold :D and this sector could benefit with extra HQ available for each codex during time when they hold sector.

Everyone wins, they sell more models, people are happy :D stuff is rolling. Essentially i would try to make a real sport from warhammer because this is what would bring audience and more and more money to the market.
Except Games Workshop has adamantly stated that they are a model company, not a gaming company.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

furrby

Post by furrby » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:12 pm

;(
Space Wolves tactica

hislittlecuzin

Post by hislittlecuzin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:27 pm

TheAurgelmir wrote:
hislittlecuzin wrote:GW should hold a worldwide campaign of Chaos VS Orks VS Imperium of man, and they should all battle for the ability to receive the last factory of an amazing tank only released to the codexes of the winners. Let the players battles affect the war.
Then Tau, Eldar and Necorns swoop in and destroy it all!

Before the Tyranids eat the survivors.
How are the Tyranids going to eat the Necrons? Infinite waves of undying robots? There is no way the Tyranids can eat them either, they will just kill them from the inside.
Guardsmen are like ants. No matter how many get vaporized, they just keep on coming. Why can't pancakes be the same? I would pass the salt, but I just got tabled.

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Marit Lage wrote: Except Games Workshop has adamantly stated that they are a model company, not a gaming company.
I really hope that they change that stance one day... They do, after all, publish games.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:19 am

The pdf has some of the results of the campaign and it does look like Chaos and the Imperium did some serious base trading.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:38 am

I'll sum it up for you.
The campaign ran for eight weeks, in which more than 40,000 players registered to submit over a quarter of a million games results to the campaign website. The conclusion of the campaign resulted in a minor victory for Chaos. The line was held in many places but on the strategic level the Disorder players were considered to have consistently out-fought and out-maneuvered their opponents, and held over half of Cadia itself.

The Forces of Chaos made slow but somewhat steady progress on many fronts, yet could not claim a decisive victory, especially when a "backstage" plan to gain a foothold in the Eldar Webway system turned into a complete and total failure. In addition, Abaddon suffered severe losses to his fleet in the Crusade, which allowed the forces of Order to bottle up the Chaotics on Cadia itself, preventing them from launching a full invasion of the Imperium.

The campaign was hard-fought and senior Games Workshop executives have commented that the events of the campaign will provide a foundation for the rich background lore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe for years to come.
There is a reason why GW has not done another world-wide campaign since the last one (Medusa V). That is because of the fact that players were having a direct effect on the story and lore of WH40K. GW has always striven to keep the overall progress of the core story in a stasis/ status quo maintenance. If they do a world-wide campaign where the game reports matter and affect who wins in the end, it advances the story too quickly and may not advance in the directions the senior executives or story-writers wish.

For those reasons they produced the Fall of Medusa V Campaign. Instead of the entire Gothic Sector and potentially the Imperium at stake, they zoomed in onto a single star system and a single planet. And the story line was sculpted in a way that made clear that there would be no conquering victor, simply the accomplishment of objectives. The big surprise for the Medusa V campaign was the fact that the Dark Eldar 5th edition codex had just been released and that army dominated the campaign (for which the Executives were probably happy about, since it meant that any such victory had no overall impact of any import upon the history and events of the 40K core lore).

I would like them to do another world wide campaign again, but it will never be as grand and exciting as the Eye of Terror was.