6%
Blatant Idea Theft
38%
Take Cover
31%

Total votes: 16

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

GB 47 Voting Thread

Post by Nappen » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:52 am

Here are the entries for this month! The theme was an anything goes month focusing on the individual and our freedom to choose...so get to choosing...Great work and happy voting!

Xaz’s FREDOOOMMM!

Image Image Image

IG_Guardsman’s Dead Forest Crater

LaughingChicken’s No Holds Bar’red

Swedishchef’s Blatant Idea Theft

bugbait_nz’s Take Cover

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: BG 47 Voting Thread

Post by Nappen » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:31 am

Since I couldn't participate, I will vote and comment for a change :)

First it was good to see people pick their own ideas and themes, I think that may be the annual July theme 8)

I promise to point out the good and at least one thing I would like to see different with each.

Xaz: Like the table a lot. It really shines with the models on it. Wish the legs were finished, too, but that isn't the focus of your build, so won't hold it against you :wink: Your wife was right about the rock edges on the hills, makes a big difference.

IG_Guardsman: Love, love the trees and the color choices. The rocks in the crater feel like they are going the wrong way to me, seems very regular and more like a filled in or defunct shrine or cave entrance, not a blast crater. But you didn't say it was a blast crater, just a crater.

Laughing Chicken: The bar top is awesome and the foot rest looks like a brass rod. Very nice work. I wish the picture was bigger though. Hard to really see the detail to give it a good hard critique. The one thing that is both a strength and weakness is the cleanliness of the bar. It has simple clean lines, but seems fresh from the showroom, it doesn't exuded wasteland Malifaux gritty saloon. Really depends on what feel you are going for.

Swedishchef: Of course I love the mat, you did a great job and it looks better than mine ;) I like the themed sets of terrain that you can mix and match, you really thought about this one. I don't like the little flat round rock formations though, they don't seem to fit in well and I don't see them doing much line of site blocking. I would have probably either put a cactus on them to tie them in more or just did all cactus accent peices.

bugbait_nz: Your attention to detail is awesome, as usual and your use of tiny peices of paper to create signs and accents is always spot on. I bet if we put all your group builds together it would make an incredible and matched set (hint for a picture-I bet you could do an "armies on parade" with a boderlands terrain theme and win the whole deal). I also like how the glue etc becomes flux along weld lines and accents and you paint corrosion with the best of them. You do amazing work, but I if I have to put in a thing to change, I think I would like to see something in a different style.

Overall, it is a great group of builds and I am glad I didn't put something in to get embarassed with. I am very torn since the builds are all so different and work well with their intended themes and vision. It has really come down to the simple clean lines, and the old west feel of the bar vs the massive desert theme mat and terrain. Ulitmately, the shear scale and ability to match up throughout the playing field has me picking the chef.

swedishchef
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: GB 47 Voting Thread

Post by swedishchef » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Thanks for the vote Nappen. I really liked the diversity of this month's builds as well. I think every entry is really well done here and I can't wait to see what next month's living terrain build will inspire.

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by bugbait_nz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:05 am

Freeeeedddooom! - really like how you have done the table and corner bits, the walls/edges on the centre piece doesn't look as good.

Dead Forest Crater - strange tree things look good, one on each corner looks too symmetrical IMHO. Crater looks very man made, would not be out of place on an airfield table.

No Holds Bar'red - looks great, just missing a spittoon! Bigger pic next time!

Blatant Idea Theft - love the mat and all of the pieces except for the one with the round disk top, maybe rounding the edge with sandpaper could look better/more eroded?

Take Cover - my one, ran out of time to make some pallets for some to sit on. Sorry Nappan I have a lot more industrial terrain to make before I can start thinking about making something else (like a space hulk/ship) I will try to get a pic of my stuff in action when it gets used next on Thursday.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:01 am

It is clear you are moving with a purpose on something and have a plan :D

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:41 am

Blatant Theft Wins by a nose :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:23 am

ribons and talley sheet updated. Please let me know if I missed someone.

Return to “Group Build 47”