GB46a: Imperial Modular Tower (Complete for Now)

ozone88101
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengePlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

GB46a: Imperial Modular Tower (Complete for Now)

Post by ozone88101 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Didnt take a pic of my sketch yet, but got some pic on the beginning of the work.

The plan with these is so that I can use them as:
1:1:1
2:1
1:2
And even add the ability to have causeways going from to the other in any configuration (except for the 3 tall, obviously).
Last edited by ozone88101 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAU 10420-11350
GUE'VESSA 683
KROOT 1207
SISTERS 716
SANGUINE ANGELS 7725
I. GUARD 6265

H. Elves 4038
D. Elves 3943
Lizardmen 1095
Bretonnian 0 /cry
+ LOTR, Warmaster, Anima Tactics, Warmahordes

ozone88101
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengePlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: GB46a: Imperial Modular Tower

Post by ozone88101 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Gotta little bit done....

TAU 10420-11350
GUE'VESSA 683
KROOT 1207
SISTERS 716
SANGUINE ANGELS 7725
I. GUARD 6265

H. Elves 4038
D. Elves 3943
Lizardmen 1095
Bretonnian 0 /cry

IG_Guardsman
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by IG_Guardsman » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:36 am

Looks promising, but how big are those things? And 3 of them?

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Was thinking the same thing..."big" :D

ozone88101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by ozone88101 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 am

they are just under 12" each.

I am designing them to where you can use them in various configurations:
3 tall
2 tall
1 tall

and will even be making walkways that can be placed if I want to connect two of them.
TAU 10420-11350
GUE'VESSA 683
KROOT 1207
SISTERS 716
SANGUINE ANGELS 7725
I. GUARD 6265

H. Elves 4038
D. Elves 3943
Lizardmen 1095
Bretonnian 0 /cry

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by bugbait_nz » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:50 am

Its not a terrain piece its a verticle table!!
Dont stop now, your going to need lots of detailing to pull this off.

Tatter
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Tatter » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:37 am

Getting FF7 flash backs!

ozone88101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by ozone88101 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Havent had much time with a stay in the hospital and all, but got this done yesterday and today:

Doors and Computer panels

Magnets installed for extras

Tower Crane Before

Tower Crane After

Keep in mind that this tower is designed to be as customizable as possible....
TAU 10420-11350
GUE'VESSA 683
KROOT 1207
SISTERS 716
SANGUINE ANGELS 7725
I. GUARD 6265

H. Elves 4038
D. Elves 3943
Lizardmen 1095
Bretonnian 0 /cry

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by BewareOfTom » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 pm

too many round edges to be imperial.... NEED MOAR BAWKZEZ
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

ozone88101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: GB46a: Imperial Modular Tower (COMPLETE)

Post by ozone88101 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Well, I got all the basics done for this tower so I am considering it complete.

Sure its not painted, not highly detailed, but that is where all the builds in the future month will come in. Each month, one tower will get detailed out all to high heaven and painted.

Remember, this towers intent was to be completely modular, adjustable to suit my needs on a whim.

Here is just one example of the set up for this tower project

Here is the one tower by itself equipped with a crane and a door in the floor to allow an exit for the elevator.

Here is a two stack of towers. It is possible for me to stack these as high as 3 levels if I wanted.
The top level of this tower has a different elevator exit than the other towers do.

Here you can see a temporary bridge I threw in to show how these towers can be interconnected.

Normally the lift tubes will be lined up with each other to make one long elevator shaft, I did it this way just for the picture.

Here one lift is blocked off with concrete fortifications

Here is one of the top sections, complete with lift doors and a crane. The crane is made from foam board, Popsicle sticks and other bits of wood. It is also magnetized to attach more securely to the top of any of the three towers.

Here you can see the doors to the lift and a computer panel

Here is a close up of the lift doors and computer panel to access it.

Here are the struts underneath the upper levels. I have been debating putting catwalks here, but until I determine what each level will be I didnt want to proceed as it could reflect on whats under here.

Here are the towers separated, with their main components laid out. These are still very basic as I have yet to determine the different possibilities I want to make for each level.

So as I said, I feel this project is done at this time. I would have loved to do more but health kept me from doing so. I also want to see if i can get my hands on more spools so that I can cover a table with these. As one person said, this isnt terrain, its a vertical Gaming table. I like that idea, kinda like the chess boards in star trek. So, I am gonna run with that as it should provide for some very interesting battles.

Maybe I should call this an Ewok village???
TAU 10420-11350
GUE'VESSA 683
KROOT 1207
SISTERS 716
SANGUINE ANGELS 7725
I. GUARD 6265

H. Elves 4038
D. Elves 3943
Lizardmen 1095
Bretonnian 0 /cry

Return to “Group Build 46”