No votes
Nappen
48%
IG_Guardsman
24%

Total votes: 21

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Voting Thread: Group Build 42: Old Toys

Post by Nappen » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:30 am

Welcome to the voting for GB 42. This month's theme was old toys.

Happy Voting and post your comments below.

Xaz: Death from Above! Image

Camsmclean: Main Screen

Lupusj: Comms Relay

Nappen: Dark Eldar Princess
Image Image Image Image Image

IG_Guardsman: Dead End

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Voting Thread: Group Build 42: Old Toys

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:25 am

Spectacular entries this month! I can't believe I missed this one, ah well.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by camsmclean » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 am

Man, some tough choices!

Death from Above, funny stuff, brough back lots of memories. I feel sorry for grots, they can take alot of pain. Like the basing, maybe some more blood and/or gore....

Comm Relay, looks good, but needs some color, maybe even a metal drybrush and a wash.

I could drool forever over Nappens OSL. Gonna be a killer board man! Love the princes, cant seem to get away from disney these days!

But, I did go with "dead end". Some reason I really like that. They need some of those for Dark Potenial. A simple build, looks great, I like blood, so thats a plus. Just seems to look real and funny at the same time. Dead End sign, love it.
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by bugbait_nz » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:43 am

Xaz, I like seeing humour in terrain! not bad at all.

Camsmclean, I have been meaning to do something like this for ages, I like it! But I dont like the obvious joins around the screen frame, if they are cleaned up it will look better IMHO.

Lupusj, good repurposing of stuff, hope you finish painting it one day.

Nappen, nice flowing lava, efective plaster work on the base, fits well with your table, got my vote!

IG_Guardsman, nice idea well executed, good variation in colours, the only thing missing is a bullet hole in the sign!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:11 am

I really liked them all for different reasons.

Xaz: Yours made me literally fall over laughing. The pointing finger....ehh, what's thaaaaaa.....umpf. Rivals cams from last month.

Cams: I just ordered the original star trek on DVD, thanks to yours. It looks a little rushed and I would like to have seen the back (please show us when it gets to its final state). Overall, it is a great concept and I can picture it on a board with a movie playing.

LupusJ: Yours is a great concept and love the different parts coming together into something completely transformed.

Guardsman: Like I said on your thread, it fits the theme perfectly and is an awesome peice. Love the title and the "end of the road" for the toy itself and the passengers. Little too much blood, but otherwise love the bullet holes and the damage is spot on.

I think all of you came up with great ideas.

Return to “Group Build 42: Old Toys”