drsergen's weeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: drsergen's weeklypaint 2013

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:41 am

Awesome!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:22 am

Dem bases! They look stunning!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:11 am

thanks guys. :)
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Bases are sweet

SkragaDaBoss
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by SkragaDaBoss » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Those bases are sick!
How'd you do it? (Basing is my biggest weakness)
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas

Orks (Goffs)- 2000 points
Dark Angels (5th Company)- 1750
Chaos Space Marines (Death Guard)- 1000
Dark Eldar (Kabal of the Eternal Ice)- Coming soon...

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:32 am

SkragaDaBoss wrote:Those bases are sick!
How'd you do it? (Basing is my biggest weakness)
I use blue insulation foam. and make concentric and shrinking shapes on top of each other. and than use white craft glue to glue them to the base and than i slowly shave it away to make the step and rocky slopes etc. than i primed it with black acrylic paint. and than painted it dark dark grey and than dry bushed with light grey especially on the horizontal edges. than i used some GW scenic dry grass patches. and the foam fall leaf stuff to add the foliage and break up all the colors. that insulation foam is hard to cut i use a hot knife and my normal knife to slowly shave away and get the look i want. for the horse base i made sure to keep support in mind as the model to go on it is solid pewter.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:47 am

My Secret Santa gift came and it was terminators. . . now im confused. they can carry guns but they dont give us the bits for gun . . .:s oh well i can get guns for two at least. . . and im using a hammer for my darnath lysander model. and some bits from my bits bag ebay buy to make another termie here are some pics (a few termeis are missing from the pictures)

Bases

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 am

That's because there are 2 separate types of Terminators: Assault Terminators and Tactical Terminators. I think most Space Marine players will cry to see you dislike them, 3+ invuln saves are pretty nice and paired Lightning Claws tear through MEQ like butter :)

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:09 am

its not that i dislike them . . i just prefer bolters because of the re-rolls. . . not sure what i should equip them with than. . .

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:53 am

I dislike lightning claws on terminators, no assault grenades comes down to 4+ rerollable to wound with no chance of hurting vehicles or wounding most things on 2+, causing instant death to T4, being able to take care of most things not a land raider and a juicy 3+ invul save.

I just don't see how dual lightning claws compare, also taking into account AP3 which means other terminators will maul you.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:01 pm

That's why you take them on the SGT, to take challenges and for the extra attack to thin out the MEQ. Leave terminators to the hammer and shield ;)

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:55 pm

hmmmm so im left with a big what to do now.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:49 pm

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:05 am

Assualt marine

Also i did some work on the Nurgle Lord and im really proud of it and want to post pictures but im trying really hard to resist the urge as i dont want you guys to see so i can impress you with the finale product.