drsergen's weeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: drsergen's weeklypaint 2013

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 am

Congrats on a great holiday ;) A little advice from one gamer to another, if you ever want to buy stuff again keep your finances separate when you get married :) I tend to sell stuff and find out the money got used for curtains or a new end table or something that isn't plastic crack.

I would love to play some 30K...probably would play it a lot as it looks like a great system.

Keep pumping out the good work!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:55 am

Thanks. hope yours was good as well.
We will be keeping our finances separate for sure anyways she plays hockey i play warhammer neither really want to pay for the others expensive hobbies.

and 30K is great really really balanced since its all space marines but the loyalist and traitors factions. and than the different chapters have enough unique units and trait to still make it interesting.

Any advice on how to fix the flatness on the apothecary ?
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:03 am

Well white is tough to paint. What I would do is find a nice light grey paint, and use that as the base. Then paint on the white, but leave some of the grey showing at the edges so it creates a shadow and gives the armor some dimension.

Another route you can go is black lining. Either use a very tiny brush or a 005 black Micron pen and outline all the edges. I kinda like this style myself, very stormtrooper ;)

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:05 am

ill try the black lining i think i would like that better.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 am

how i do large white is by starting with a grey primer and then move to drybrush layers of near white than white, by using a thinned white drybrush it helps keep the layers thin and smooth before hitting it with a pin wash and some other detailing work
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 am

thanks guys. im going to apply another thinned white layer to smooth things out before i do any black lining.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:52 am

Here is another update last night i only worked on my khador army. and left the fists alone for the night.
having a real hard time with the color scheme on my kayazy assassin here is the captain and a reg unit (i have 10 of these to paint)

and there backs the captain is going to have a far more vibrant and ornate cloak that the reg unit

here are my khador paints

and i am not looking forward to this. . . he will need some much work to fill in all the gaps. . . .

and these are the torsos of the unit to ride the horse and the stand alone, i might green stuff the wrist on the weapon because it seems very un-sturdy where i glued it.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:58 pm

yeah. im trying some liquid green stuff in the cracks, ill see how that works. and while i do that im going to start on the base.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:10 am

i just received this message from my reddit-warhammer-secret santa, cant wait until it get here what do you guys think he got me . . im guessing dreadnought or centurion. i got my secret santa a thousand sons kit and some tzeetch dice.

++++++ CLASSIFIED COMMUNICATION////UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS WILL RESULT IN REPRISAL ++++++

++++ THOUGHT FOR THE DAY – “YOU ARE THE EMPEROR’S CHOSEN. HEAR HIS GREAT ANGER IN THE ROAR OF THE BOLT PISTOL. SEE HIS ALMIGHTY FURY IN THE BLADES OF THE CHAINSWORD. FEEL HIS UNDYING STRENGTH IN THE PROTECTION OF YOUR ARMOR.”

++++ ////DISPATCHED BY REQUEST OF IRON FATHER ERASTUS//// +++//TRANSMITTED VIA ASTROPATH 1.330.999.M41//+++

<<<OUR CALCULATIONS CONTINUALLY PROVE ACCURATE. REWARD: YOUR CONTINUED DEFENSE OF THE BLESSED OMNISSAH ON HYDRA CORDATUS DEMANDS CONTINUED SUPPORT. CLAN GARRSAK SPECIFICALLY HAS CONTINUALLY BENEFITED FROM YOUR ACTIONS IN THE 13TH BLACK CRUSADE. WHY: IN COMBATTING THE FORCES OF CHAOS, THE IRON COUNCIL HAS DECIDED THAT THE CONTINUED EXISTENCE AND SUPPORT OF THE IMPERIAL FISTS FIRST COMPANY IS CONTINGENT FOR SUCCESS OF ALL CLAN COMPANIES CURRENTLY ENGAGED IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE GREAT ENEMY CALLED ABBADON. AS SUCH, CLAN GARRSAK SENDS YOU THIS GIFT OF THE OMNISSAH IN ORDER TO BOLSTER THE DEFENSE OF THE FIRST COMPANY OF THE IMPERIAL FISTS. CALCULATION: CLAN GARRSAK HAS DETERMINED THAT CONTINUED PERFORMANCE OF THE FIRST COMPANY OF THE IMPERIAL FISTS AT FULL COMBAT STRENGTH WILL LEAD TO a 22.8956973% REDUCTION IN CASUALTIES FOR ALL IRON HANDS CLAN COMAPNIES DEPLOYED AGAINST THE BLACK CRUSADE. WE PREDICT AN 11.9765983% LOSS OF MANUFACTURING POTENTIAL IF THE FIRST COMPAY OF THE IMPERIAL FISTS IS TO FAIL IN THEIR VIGIL. THUSLY IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT TO ENSURE YOUR CONTINUED SURVIVAL. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO MAINTAIN THE SACRED MACHINE SPIRITS OF THESE SUITS OF TACTICAL DREADNOUGHT ARMOR WITH THE UTMOST DILIGIENCE AND SANCTITY. PROTECTIVE THREAT: ANY DESCREATION OF THIS SACRED GIFT WILL LEAD TO REPRISAL. THE FLESH IS WEAK>>>> IRON FATHER ERASTUS, CLAN COMPANY GARRSAK +++++//TRANSMISSION TERMINATED…..//

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Sounds like Terminators to me! I love Secret Santa events :)

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:04 pm

damn i hadent thought about. i do need some to accompany my lysander model as well.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:56 pm

Hope for the big boys.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 pm

so i dont know if i can pin this horsey down, i cant seem to be able to drill into him.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:13 am

OMFG i am so excited about these to bases i did for the mounted and un mounted Dragoon Man-O-War