drsergen's weeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: drsergen's weeklypaint 2013

Post by drsergen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:54 pm

paint all them but what color . . . and your right i think i have to many different metallic colors.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:06 pm

drsergen wrote:paint all them but what color . . . and your right i think i have to many different metallic colors.
having multiple colors of a metal is good unless u got like...5... then its too much for the eye, I personally for the sensor use a brass gold colour, gold for the icons then silver for almost anything else, then wash it with the cloak brown (cuz that needs some shading anyways) than choose which to highlight with what colour to give some diversity so it isn't a flat like blob of gold.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:32 pm

but you think i should keep the cloak the bone color instead of painting it black ?
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:47 pm

drsergen wrote:but you think i should keep the cloak the bone color instead of painting it black ?
after the brown/sepia itll look better than it does now, right now it looks flat with the yellow
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:17 pm

okay thanks.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:47 am

met with a bunch of old friends last night and played a game of 30K i played with emperors children and the guy on my team played irons hands. and the other team had chaos space marines and demons. . . his demons swooped in and tied up my hq 1 squad of 10 and a dreadnought. we lost but i managed to kill one of there warlords with my whirlwind.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:06 am

Hey guys merry Christmas happy new years. dont some work over the holiday haven't posted any pictures i was really busy. Im working on a devastator squad a command squad and an assault squad and a librarian. as well as my khador. ive got some more units in the mail. and a hot knife for Christmas. i got a bunch of paints as well. and im going to buy some kind of case to transport my army. around. going to play another game tonight with those guys i mentioned above.

how was every ones Christmas and new years ? it was a bit exciting around hear with that huge ice storm and all the power outages around my area. Christmas was busy but good. i ended up Engaged by the end. $$$$$. and than i bought my first car on boxing day. $$$ so I'm going to be cutting my spending for a while but i have quite a few projects to last me a while for now.

i bought a 2012 Mazda 3 GX if anyone cares. and the gf got a .8K diamond on white gold ring from me.

will try and post some pics of my work in progress in the next week. i might have one on my phone i can post today.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:12 am

here is the one pic i have takes in the past two week, it is my in progress command squad.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:17 am

Congrats on all counts!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:20 am

Congrats man, seems like you had one great holiday season :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:38 am

Oceangrave0 wrote:Congrats man, seems like you had one great holiday season :D
Dez wrote:Congrats on all counts!

thanks guys yeah it was pretty exciting hectic and wild. looking forward to this year. planning a wedding paying of the car and insurance, and playing 40K (30K really) with the new group I've started to meet with. ill try and take pictures of the tables and games tonight at the meet.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Congrats!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:11 pm

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:59 am

Allright guys i have alot of pics to unload today. I'll start with pictures from my thursday meet.

Here is the army i am borrowing to play with while i paint.

hq is the vigilator
whirlwind tank
three dreadnoughts now a squad
2 squads with vascilca and hq with combi melta one is in the rhino.
we play 30K and are just finishing up the 1000 point games and about to start 1500 i believe the traitors are winning. . . .

These are the two tables we play our 2v2 games on we play 2 games at a time so that's 8 guys playing at once.

this squad almost won me the game except for the last leadership roll . . . .
and an aerial shot

next post will be some painting and assembly progress pics.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:11 am

OKAY. so here is some progress on my 5 man command squad, 5 man assault squad and what has now become 6 man devastator squad.

the apothecary need some first aid. . . and now it just looks super flat but its coming along better than i thought for my first time painting white. ( i know he looks flat im not sure how to fix that. i tried some nuln oil in the creveces but that not in this picture)
BEFORE (my first attempt)
AFTER (repaint)

the devastator squad
I'm testing how hard it is to paint them fully assembled on the first guy, wish i could make em all heavy bolters but i dont have the parts.
close up of unit

the assault squad is ironically moving slowly for now. . . .they are just on temporary bases while i make the permanent one . . still not sure what to do there.

here's a close of the bases so far

and the units

and the rest of the command squad minus the apothecary

i might split them up and use the banner in a squad as a vasilica since i seem to be playing more 30K not sure just yet.

and last but certainly not least the librarian my mommy got me for Christmas. . .i am taking my time with him. . . i bought the paint to paint his Armour ultra marine blue and than he will have imperial fist shoulders correct ?

did some more work on this unit with shading on his shoulder it isnt just the light giving it that effect this time. im pretty proud of how it looks. just gonna add another lighter yellow in a very small area on the top.