TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint

Post by drsergen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:13 am

looks great man. what models did you use for the torso i need to get me some of them.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:39 am

Those skin tones look outstanding!

A little hint on the rust: Metal Edges tend to be the brightest, the rust happens in the crevices. So what you could probably do (I haven't used mine yet) is a heavy drybrush of Ryza, then do some darker to light metal over it to really create a nice weathering gradient. Nawmean?
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:31 pm

drsergen wrote:looks great man. what models did you use for the torso i need to get me some of them.
Just plain ol' flagellants. Really great sculpts on them though.
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Dez wrote:Those skin tones look outstanding!

A little hint on the rust: Metal Edges tend to be the brightest, the rust happens in the crevices. So what you could probably do (I haven't used mine yet) is a heavy drybrush of Ryza, then do some darker to light metal over it to really create a nice weathering gradient. Nawmean?
True, but wouldn't rust settle on the edges if the items were never used? I understand a rusty sword being bright on the edge and rusty in the middle, but if you simply had a big metal club would you not get rust on the edges first (as they are an exposed surface and relatively thin compared to the rest, thus oxidizing faster)? Either way, I'll give it a shot!

Now heres a horrible picture of the 8 regular dudes with their robes based. I went for colors to give it both a tropical feel and to reflect that they are basically state troops that have completely lost it. I know its dark and such, but take a look at some of the conversions. I'm pretty happy with em.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:46 pm

So, go over to the Buy/Sell forum and check out my post there! Tons of stuff, and lots more to come.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Why?

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:42 am

nevermind...I see...thought for a minute you were ditching one or more of your armies.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Two down!

Seven to go!

Plus the PROPHET OF DOOOOOOOM! Heres a preview of his nifty scenic base.

And after I get these fellas done, if I have time, this is whats next. Stegadon skull to put on top of my Helblaster. I started base coating it, but I think it looks too lifelike. I'm going to drill out the eyes, nose holes, and add a bullet hole to the crest. Also I may chip one of the horns off to look damaged. Ideas?

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:41 pm

All good ideas! I think a harpoon with a chain coming out of the eyesocket would tell a story.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Dez wrote:All good ideas! I think a harpoon with a chain coming out of the eyesocket would tell a story.
I have a cannon ball I can lodge in it! Or a sword, heh. I don't really have a harpoon sadly. I wanted it to look like it was the Helblaster (and its crew) that killed it and took the trophy.

6/10!

Just finishing the headdress on the guy in stocks before i get to the fire (which I am dreading!)

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 pm

And here is my first attempt ever at fire. Thanks to some coaching from Ocean I think it turned out pretty darn good!

Now only two more torches to go, and one...flaming...head?

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Looking good!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:10 pm

After painting Flamers of Tzeentch I got it DOWWWWWNNNNNN..... looking good broseph
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Ta Da!

BURN BABY BURN!

Now all we need is a PROPHET!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Got the prophet done, but the standard and basing will have to be tomorrow. Here's something to help you all sleep!