TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:49 am

Isaac it is. Dez, I'll send you a picture. I'm not really sure what I've got.

Bonus: Today's Project- SAVAGE FLAGELLANTS!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:47 pm

Here is the first one, hes all glued together now.

Now I'm trying to decide which of these looks I like for my Prophet of Doom (the champion/standardbearer for flaggies)

First up, the two with the Gold Collar! I think the flaming hair hides the collar a little too much on this one.

Too boring?

And this is The Mask of Doom!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Love'em!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:49 pm

The End Is Near! The great Comet will come again, and Sigmar will be reborn unto us! Doom shall befall all the unrighteous!

As you can see, i went with the mask. And added an hour glass and giant lizard comet banner. Very "Prophet of Doom" with Aztec flair.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Makin me wanna do some empire bro.... thats some dangerous biz
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 pm

All I can think of now is this

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:18 am

Good memories to have dude
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:48 am

your kit bashing is getting better and better.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:04 am

Great work hound! Now for the other 40 or so!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Arnathos wrote:Great work hound! Now for the other 40 or so!
Only 10 this time! I have 20, but there's a "challenge" at my GW for Feb. 8th. Only said one box, so that's what I'll do!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 pm

1/10 Flaggies done. I had some fun, but all in all its a very simple paint job. Brown wash over a Ushabti robe, just to make it look filthy. Im really happy with how the skin turned out though. Bugmans glow, reikland flesh shade, bugmans, dwarf flesh, and kislev flesh.

I played around with my new technical paints for the first time too. A little ryza rust on the iron flail and chain, a little nihilakh oxide on the brass, and just a tiny bit of "blood for the blood god" on his bandaged foot.

Feels good to actually finish a model for once. Only 9 more to go before friday... Any idea what to do for basing?

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:37 pm

dark soil with maybe some leaves if you got em or just bright green flock if you got that.

and the bro looks real good dude, cant wait to see that prophet done! CHANNEL MY SPEED FOR PAINTING TROOPS!!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by ArqArturo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 pm

I love the rust effect in those weapons!.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 pm

ArqArturo wrote:I love the rust effect in those weapons!.
The Ryza Rust dry paint from citadel is -extremely- easy to use. And you can get some great effects by doing different things with it. Stiff dry brush will give you the look on edges and in low points. A soft dry brushing will give it a great over all rusted look. Really a nice piece of kit.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:41 am

nice work. The feet and hands came out well.