TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint

Post by Arnathos » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:23 am

The cold one looks insanely good, though the foot stands look out of place on those particular bases.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:32 pm

I agree. Any ideas as to how to fix it? I had thought about some greenery or rubble. Also maybe I could remove them and put a pin through the foot into the base? Or even just paint them like the base? Ideas?
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:47 am

i like the banner as well. makes them look like columbus explores after they met the aztec's
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:03 am

I think they came out great, I really like how you painted the Cold Ones.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:37 pm

drsergen wrote:i like the banner as well. makes them look like columbus explores after they met the aztec's
That's the idea! I want it to definitely be an Empire army, but one that has been in Lustrian a while. Most of the horses are gone, supplies are low, men are dead, and the jungle is tough. I'm painting up my state troops in a variety of state colors to reflect the rag-tag nature of the men. Feathers are tropical, beasts of burden are exotic, and weapons are scavenged. But there is gold... So much gold. And what more do men desire than adventure, glory, comraderie, and riches?

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:27 pm

So a few things happened today...

First, I got a box from Ocean. It was magical. After some repairs and girly squeels, I decided not to take the pictures these models wanted, but the pictures these models deserved. So, I built a lightbox! And I got out the good camera! And with some help from my lovely wife I managed to get the settings just about right. So, prepare yourself. This one is big. I give you...

The Guardians of the Covenant

1st Company, The Swords of Mortikah, Grand Master of the Sword Baruch

2nd Company, The Hounds, Grand Master of the Hounds Lucius

Let none escape!

3rd Company, The Lions, Grand Master of the Arsenal Bareus

5th Company, The Resolute, Grand Master of the Advance Isaac

7th Company, The Huntsmen, Grand Master Balthius

10th Company, The Seekers, Grand Master of the Recruits Zadakiel

Grand Master of Chaplains Sallam, The Word of Truth

Grand Master of Librarians Ahiezar, The Speaker of the Word

Ave Imperator!

Librarian Bolorius

Librarian Kazaheim

Interrogator-Chaplain Guias, 1st Company

REPENT! Or Face Damnation!

Interrogator-Chaplain Cephesus, 2nd Company

Apothecary Bibulus, 1st Company

Veteran Sergeant Baradiel, 1st Company, The Swords

Veteran Sergeant Varrius, 1st Squad, 3rd Company, The Lions

Veteran Sergeant Persus, 2nd Squad, 3rd Company, The Swords

Veteran Sergeant Lanidei, 3rd Squad, 3rd Company, The Swords

Scout Sergeant Harad, 10th Company, The Seekers

3rd Company Rhino "Abecula"

Honored Brother Malinus, 3rd Company, Squad Varrius, carrying the 3rd Company Standard

(ignore the chipping on the model!)

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Also, here are some betters shots of some of my Empire figures...

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:50 pm

I like them all. I especially like Guias

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Nappen wrote:I like them all. I especially like Guias
I aim to please all peeps, even tho shipping chipped up alot of the dudes.... gonna have to change my shipping methods
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:11 pm

So this is my current project: Expedition Simple Green.

Im turning over 100 minis from this:

Into this:

For anyone interested, all of these are for sale. I've got soooooooooo many minis to work on. I've got metal, plastic, finecast, and resin. Skaven, Orks, Orcs, Marines, Chaos, on and on. All cleaned to the exacting standards of a man with a neurological disorder!

Side note, if you are interested in getting your minis cleaned to a very good standard send me a PM and we can work something out.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:10 pm

What Skaven?

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:54 pm

That didn't take long...

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:39 am

I'm on a roll aka OCD for Skaven!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:59 am

wow those marines look great. i love how they all have names. . .

oh and the model with the two hammers. . . looks like a possible great model for my inquisitors squad.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:29 am

drsergen wrote:wow those marines look great. i love how they all have names. . .

oh and the model with the two hammers. . . looks like a possible great model for my inquisitors squad.
Isaac was my choice since he looked like an Isaac after I painted him
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria