TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: TheHoundmaster's #theweeklypaint

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:15 am

Excellent! I'll be going there first, then the tavern after lunch for some brews.
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:37 pm

So, I haven't posted in a while so here is a New Years Update!

This year's resolution is to get as much of my armies painted as I can! To this end when I returned to my house on the 9th I will be making a full photographic catalog of my collection. After that I will be paint as much as I can. Since there will be pictures I'd love to get some input from you guys on what you'd like to see or suggestions. Sorry there won't be anything until then, but I should have some update very soon.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:55 pm

No worries and good to have you back.

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Welcome Back and Happy New Years Hound :D
Can't wait to see the pictures of your collection
Happy Wargaming
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:09 pm

So I recently stopped by my local store here in beautiful Tyler, Texas. I really love the place (Called "Geek World") and they often have pretty decent deals on used minis. I didn't see anything at the consignment shelf I wanted, so I asked the owner if there were any other used minis. He said he had gotten a box just yesterday and I was welcome to look through it. $55 later this is what I ended up with. Its a pretty long post, but it has been a while so enjoy, you filthy animals!

I believe this guy is an old Tank Busta.

This definately is.

Tankbusta Nob, I believe. Either way he has a SWEET Commisar jacket on.

BOMB SQUIG!

Painboy with Grot Orderly

More Tankbustas

Of course the coolest Tankbusta (next to the one with the Commisar jacket) is missing his Missile Pick

Best find of the whole lot, IMO, is this all metal Ghazghkull Thraka. He is only missing the two tusks that go next to his head, I believe.

The following are some Stormboyz with some really neat conversions. I love what this guy did with the Grots.

Some Nifty Nobs!

And last but not least is this beast... This bad boy is certainly a fixer-upper. There are broken pieces, un-primed pieces, and its just a shambles. But I think I can save it!

As well I picked up 2 Nobs with Power Klaws, a Mekboy with Supa Shoota, 5 Boys with Big Shootas, 2 Rokkit Boyz, 3 Lootas, 15 Boyz with various Sluggas, Choppas, and Shootas. Its not as good as Arnathos' wife but I'll take it. The big question is this: Clean, strip, and fix everything before selling, or do all that then PAINT it before selling? Its been a while since I did Orks, but I think my old army was pretty nice. Should be able to see all the old stuff here: http://imgur.com/a/daUUN

Last thing for this MASSIVE post: I picked up these nifty bases while I was in Austin. I was thinking about painting them up in a dark jungle stone color, Aztec pyramid style, for my Lustrian Empire guys. I also plan to add some jungle foliage to them, depending on what I can find. Here ya go!

Cavalry size

Big special one for my Stegadon Luminark

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Nice find! All of those are current edition Tankbustaz in metal. Some neat Stormboy conversions, stock Nobz (though I love them myself).
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:55 pm

What ya think, Dez? Sell em on quick or paint em up for a bigger sale?

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 am

Straight sale, I've found that even painting things up nicely the profit margin just isn't there.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:50 am

I wouldn't be able to let them go ;) I keep saying I will sell some stuff...but....

Didn't someone start a mini specific sale site? I wonder if that is a better way to go?

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:53 pm

DID SOMEBODY SAY "POST!"?!?!?!

You bet your sweet Asmodai's they did! BOOM!

All NEW Knights!!!

Facing in MANY new DIRECTIONS!*

*Rear facing shot not included for decency.

Who wants a CHAMPION?

How about a new standard in Standard Bearers?

Just look at that fine detail!

Even our Swordsmen line is NEW and IMPROVED!

But we save the BEST for LAST! Just look at this AMAZING character!

Now with our patented "Cape" technology!

And don't forget that many of our new models come with these CRAZY new bases! Can you say "Aztec Style Temple Stone with Jungle Soil!"? You bet!*

*Actual Aztec Temple Stones not included, this is a miniature and only designed for miniwargaming purposes. Please do not actually attempt to ride a giant raptor over this product while sporting a ridiculously amazing mustache and full plate armor. Terms and conditions may apple. Terms like "Freakin' Sweet" and conditions like "Being Amazing."

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Lol, I bet u wish that package from me had reached yah quick enough!?!? HUH???
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Nonsense! I just have 30-45 min to spend formatting that post... Ya ok, I wish I had it.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:43 am

Haha awesome!

TheHoundmaster

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Any comments on the models?!?

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:09 pm

I think ur new character general is the best work you've done to date
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria