Nusphigor #theweeklypaint Updated Feb 3

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nusphigor
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Nusphigor #theweeklypaint Updated Feb 3

Post by Nusphigor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:52 pm

I just read the sticky thread because i'm a slowpoke and thought it would be really good to make my own thread and stay motivated.
Basically what i'm going to be painting and uploading pics of will be what I've been doing of different commisions and every now and then pics of my own army,

I vow to upload pics every sunday and keep this thread updated, but I will try to post what I've been doing as much as I can in the week.

Heres what I will paint in the first month (whats left of Jan and Feb):

Blue: Goal completed
Red: Goal incomplete

Jan 28 - Feb 3: finish an Eldar Wraithlord, advance on 5 Mounted Marauders
Feb 4 - Feb 10: Finish the 5 Mounted Marauders, advance on 3 Sepulchral Stalkers
Feb 11 - Feb 17: Finish the 3 Sepulchral Stalkers group, advance on another 3 Sepulchral Stalkers
Feb 18 - Feb 24: Finish the Stalers, advance on 4 power armoured Grey knights
Feb 25 - Mar 3: Finish the power armoured GK, advance on 4 Terminator armour GK

Cheers
Last edited by Nusphigor on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Intolerance is evidence of impotence”

Nusphigor
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: Nusphigor #theweeklypaint

Post by Nusphigor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 am

Jan 29

I just finished the green stuff stage of a Nurgle Terminator Lord, 4 Obliterators and 3 Plague marine champions for my Chaos Army.

I also worked a bit on the main color of the Wraithlord but still have to finish painting the yellow parts and the metal ones, as well as the base.

Still 11 am in here but I think im done for today :P

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:22 am

picccccccsssssssssssssssssssss lol
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nusphigor

Post by Nusphigor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:19 am

Jan 30

Here are the updates of yesterday since I haven't worked on anything today. (tons of pics)

Heres the Wraithlord (yes, it's feet are inverted, thats how my client built it <.<)

I still have to work on the Metal and Yellow, then paint the gems.

And now marines that I greenstuffed
Please have in mind that the Terminator Lord and the Obliterators are just AOBR Termies That I got pretty cheap, also the Power Armour marines are some Space Marines that I had Lying around :P

Chaos Lord
This is just the main body, I cut the head of the Terminator Sergeant and used a Nurgle Power Armour one, and some tenticles because they are awesome :D

The backside of him, I put a scroll and a book of the Empire Flagellant kit because I see my Nurgle warband like scholars, just really bloated and corrupted ones

I made this as a Burning Brand of Skallathrax since I wanted to give my lord some kind of bile flamer and not just some silly power (because thats what sorcerers are for)

I choose a Lightning Claw just to let him be able to fight the bulk of the armys in my gaming club (only 1 player uses terminators, so thats not a problem)

Now the Oblits
I just used more harder greenstuff and as much weapons as I had :P
Not that much work on them I know

The Plague Champions
I imagine this guy as if he were saying the enemy "Just try to kill me! you cant!"
I tried to replicate a shoulder pad I saw a long time ago, but as you can see I have to work a lot on making skulls :P

I think i'm going to call this guy Plague Champion Guts

Since I really like the Space Hulk Terminator thats lifting the floor I thought why not doing the same with a plague Champ :P

I still have to work on the bases of the minis but I just dont know which theme should I make

Any suggestions?

I hope you like the pics, I will post the progress on the Wraithlord later today

Cheers

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Nusphigor #theweeklypaint Updated Jan 30

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 am

Great conversion work! I'd be a bit careful on some that they aren't a bit gun heavy, and look off balance.

The Wraithlord looks like it's bowing before the dance....
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 am

i love the nurgle work man, i use the AoBR stuff too :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nusphigor

Post by Nusphigor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 am

Yep, as I said the client built it like that, I find it cool looking, it seems as if he were going to start to run.
And on the Oblits, well I just threw as much weapons as I had :P

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 am

Yup, I can see it but bowing was my first impression. My daughter does take Irish step dancing, so I suppose that's why I think that way ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nusphigor

Post by Nusphigor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Then from now on it will be called "The Elegant Wraithlord"

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Your greenstuffing looks incredible. stop making me want to do nurgle CSM again!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Nusphigor

Post by Nusphigor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks Mate :D
now go and buy some greenstuff and some marines! Papa Nurgle loves you!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:40 pm

very nice work! cant wait to see more!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Nusphigor

Post by Nusphigor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:09 pm

If everything goes as it must I'll be uploading more pics later today

Nusphigor

Post by Nusphigor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 pm

guys, I think im going to have to postpone todays picture update for tomorrow.
All work and no play makes Nusph a dull boy

Anyways, today I finished the metal parts of "The Elegant Wraithlord" and started the highlights on the yellow parts.

I also started working on the skin of the 5 Chaos Marauder Horsemen because the client paid full in advance (I love when they do that :P)

Other than that I primed the Chaos Lord for Feb Deathmatch

Cheers ;)

Nusphigor

Re: Nusphigor #theweeklypaint Updated Feb 3

Post by Nusphigor » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:12 pm

I just finished the Wraithlord and advanced on the marauders.
Pics later tonight