Noahs +TheWeeklyPaint2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Noahs +TheWeeklyPaint2013

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 pm

yea, i know what you mean. however i couldn't do those sleep times cause my cat wakes me up at 7 ... ;/
and hmm your right, could work on my Menoth this weekend. if they are wanted why not, just who to do..
Happy wargaming
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:06 pm

SweetSorrow wrote:yea, i know what you mean. however i couldn't do those sleep times cause my cat wakes me up at 7 ... ;/
and hmm your right, could work on my Menoth this weekend. if they are wanted why not, just who to do..
Happy wargaming
my cat likes to as well, so i lock him up away from me when I sleep bwahaha
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:33 pm

That's what we did too, close the door and no alarms go off. That includes kids :)

FoW stuff looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do for homebrew. I'd go with a really dark gray and red, perhaps some green and the tiniest amount of yellow just to have both Chapter colors. I think if you go quartered you'll find it takes a ton of time and you might hate painting them.

I think busting the mace is a happy accident, convert it to a sword or something with a decent AP value!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Looking good, and I don't have a cat.

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Got some work on my tactical marines last night, still need a bit more time with them, but im pretty satisfied with how they are coming along o far. now to decide what i am going to do with my terminators.....alt scheme like DA or share the rest of the army scheme perhaps.
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Peace marines brother....peace marines ;)

IGfanatic
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:02 pm

I feel like you should be throwing up a peace sign and half that sentence should be in slang like

Peace mahreans bruddah, peace mahrines.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:30 pm

I didn't say stoner marines....

but I am about to post the next chapter in my daughter's peace marine thread :)

IGfanatic

Post by IGfanatic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Wait...there's a difference?

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:26 am

Yes, the peace marines do not want their minds clouded...they have a mission and vision of peace...and they have to be clear headed to deal with those who don't see it the same way they do...besides, don't you watch the news...those things have bad effects on the gene-seed.

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:02 am

So got a lot of painting done last night. got my tactical marines to an okay acceptable level considering i only had three brushes and a handful of paints available due to the rest being in storage but they turned out pretty sweet. Wish i had gotten the stuff last monday while i was at LGS so i could base them, but alas it isn't to be. So all my deathmatches and pledges are done, just waiting actually to add something a little extra to my terminator sergeant that i want to do so hopefully it goes okay. Also breaking up the painting of the quartered scheme into 3 hour segments in three nights made it not be as tedious or long and i really enjoyed painting them. Dez you will have to tell me if you like them after tomorrow though :P
Happy wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:37 pm

well here they are, not the best work with only having my standard detail brush on hand so details were a pain. however i did enjoy painting the quartered scheme so not all bad. probably going to keep it cause i enjoyed painting it a ton. However i apologize in advance for them not being the best looking. didn't have a wide selection of paints available nor my brushes so i tried making do with what i had. FYi a a tip, do not try to highlight with a standard detail brush. ever, just don't do it.

happy wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:01 pm

okaie dookie been a bit, but due to sewage problems, cleaning, then sister getting a concussion its beena hectic two weeks sooooooooo not much apinting or hobbying done. but i will get some done, hopefully, soon...
Happy wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:21 am

Hope she's alright!
Curahee!

IGfanatic

Post by IGfanatic » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Well she's better now. :3

And now to dissappear for another month.