Noahs +TheWeeklyPaint2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Noahs +TheWeeklyPaint2013

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi Guys, Happy New Years day and today i have a massive picture dump for you guys

So first with the small updates
First off we i got some eldar for you guys, both Farseers are partially painted but the only finished one is my Falcon :D
all in all its 6 Fire Dragons, 2 Farseer, 1 Falcon, 20 Metal Guardians or Dire Avengers (Not sure which :S)
My Menoth Army is a bit small and only partially primed but that is cause while i want to work on the army, its just that i haven't been enjoying the game as much as id hope :( Image

Got some More Flames of War, mainly some painted Stugs :D
Then if anyone has a Clue what type of tank this is i would appreciate it, i know its German and i was thinking Tiger but the Treads look off

Then My Space Wolf Battleforce :D
Comments and Critques are always welcome :D
Happy Wargaming
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Cant get away from wanting to paint space wolves xD can't wait to see your work noah
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:09 pm

I like the falcon. Can't wait to see all those things painted. What did you decide about the drop pod?

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Thanks All, i can't wait to finish Assembling the battleforce, just got to get a few bases done and work out if i want to go with what i like in the squads or what is competitive.
@OceanGrave0
Thanks Ocean, that is a nice thing to hear from you. especially due to all the amazingness you pump out on a daily basis it seems. And you could always join me... :P

@Nappen
I cannot wait to paint in so i should be pretty amazing. I ended up for the drop pod magnetizing the gun so i can switch the Missle launcher and the storm bolter in and out, however might end up taking the missile launcher for a cyclone missile launcher conversion cause it is a pretty sweet looking one.

All in all im really pumped about all my projects and i think the two months plus off really helped relight my hobbying spark. hopefully ill have some more updates coming tonight or possibly tomorrow. either Flames of war, My New Battleforce (Possibly my 7th edition army), or my Eldar getting worked on
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:55 am

Nice to have you back! That kitten looks like the one I had when I was 20ish.

I wish I had more time, I know there is a group kinda near here that plays Flames of War every Wednesday. The game system is great.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Okay guys been awhile since an update but that's cause my internet decided it was going to be defeated by a tiny snowstorm :P
but luckily during its down time i got some work on my space wolves done. also got a few games of Flames of war in, including one 150,000 point game 0-0 i was playing my Germans for those of you who were wondering. but i also worked some on my Flames of war
Also got a few orders coming in so i look forward to showing you guys what i got when they come in.

and before i close this update, i have a question to ask on color scheme. now my idea is to make my own create a chapter that can play using the Dark Angel or Space wolf codecs on the fly. but i am working on the color scheme. i know i want red trim and one white shoulder par and the other the squad/pack markings. but i am drawing a blank for what to do for the base armor, and maybe if i should do a quartered or a half scheme?
anyway, thanks in advance for the comments and critiques and there is more to come :D
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm

I will leave color scheme options to the smart guys...I like black and red :)

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:26 pm

So not much to report. Been waiting for my two packages to come in so nothing new on that end and i haven't gotten much more work done on my Space Wolf Battleforce cause i have been kind of busy mentally dealing with things that have come up. but that is life it seems. i did in my downtime come up with a sick idea im try out when i have the money for it, which is since my Custom Chapter is going to be a Dual Space Wolf/Dark Angel force, a Thunderwolf Squad geared to be a Ravenwing command Squad. Also got some bits, might actually give you guys an update later when my phone is charged to take pics and show you how my custom chapter is coming along :D
oh, and i could take pictures of 400 hundred+ guys for my Flames of war if people want :D
anyway, comments critiques are welcome and there is more to come
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Oh forgot to mention i got a game in with my Eldar, who i haven't played since before the new codex and darn they definitely pack more of a punch than they used to. Definitely want to get a Wraithknight when im done with my other projects and i have the capital.
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Yay picture time, half my Order came in. which is enough to keep me happy until the rest come in.

First a close up of what i got, i broke the Chaplains mace on accident :(

and this Chaplain is just so awesome i can't wait to paint him :D

anyway, hope you guys enjoy the update and there is more to come
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:02 pm

The chaplain is pretty darn cool

SkragaDaBoss
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by SkragaDaBoss » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:35 pm

I just got them :)
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas

Orks (Goffs)- 2000 points
Dark Angels (5th Company)- 1750
Chaos Space Marines (Death Guard)- 1000
Dark Eldar (Kabal of the Eternal Ice)- Coming soon...

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:47 pm

So it took me a good portion of Last Night and this morning, but i have painted minis for you guys :D

Yes it is a Flames of War update for my Germans,i told you guys to watch out for it :D
So this is the entire Platoon, all five of them.
This is a single one, just cause yea, well. closeups :P
sigh, i just noticed the mold line......any way of removing it without damaging the paint?

Oh and a random Halftrack i bought at my LGS for like a buck
Hope you enjoy comments and Critiques are welcome.
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:15 pm

So not much done these past few days unfortunately due to cleaning and housework, i did some fixing and mending on my biker squad, Land speeder, and a Land raider but thats about it. Probably going to finish assembling my Space Wolf battleforce but also i have to decide on this saturday whether i want to be making a 40k list or a FoW list to go play with :D
Anyway more to come
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:43 pm

What about those uh Menoth bros there >.> What about those guys? >.>

I feel yah on the school/housework front, taking 15 credit hours in college and trying to keep a house ruins paint time unless your like me and paint till 3am and sleep till 9.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria