Noahs +TheWeeklyPaint2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Noahs +TheWeeklyPaint2013

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:35 am

SOOOO im coming back from personal life problems with some pictures and stuff, as well as a spoiler for something new im doing to add a new xenos flavor to some of the new guys at the clubs league :D

SPOILER
I haven't highlighted the armor yet cause im still trying to figure out the scheme for my Kabal first, so that is pending further though. probably going to try and get one more squad and an Archon for VERY small point games, but who knows.

and due to Ocean bringing them up and me feeling bad about spending 70$ on stuff that i hadn't used in a year due to just three bad apples, i decided to paint them up and look into getting a game with them soon. going to be tough essentially re-entering and learning it again though ;/
P.S sorry for the bad paint job, but i had so much fun painting just my 1st warcaster and i haven't even gotten onto my jacks. Also ill probably getting some more Infantry in the forms of Knights exemplar cause there's a box on clearance at my LGS for 20$ that ill probably pick up this weekend.
Happy Wargaming
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 am

I mean, sometimes u just gotta stir the pot
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Also just realized how glossy they are paint wise now that im not so sleep deprived. sigh i loved painting him so much but now i realize just how many things i missed or did wrong, (especially the now noticeable moldlines -.-), oh well still had a ton of fun painting him and i still want to do more. now i just know what i did wrong :)
The Exemplars are definitely going to be bought so im happy about that. still not sure what to paint next though..probably going to see what iPlaythisGame wants to do next. that or just work on some Flames.
I did get a few games of FoW in Monday, as well as a game of 40k with my Chaos Space marines. so a bit of relaxation after all the stuff that's been going on, which is much appreciated.
Also should be getting more painting done now because i finally have cleared a space at home to have dedicated to painting so now i should be able to find more time to paint, which means i might get my entire collection painted and assembled after a little TLC for those that need it, who knows 8)
Sorry for the long update without pictures, but those will probably wait for later today after i work on things. Mainly cause i need to take some pics for DaOrkyBitz threads about painting history because it seems like itd be fun to participate in.
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:19 pm

So a bit sad, went to the store today to get my Knights Exemplar/painting pledge and unfortunately i missed them while they were on clearance. some guy came in a bought both boxes, which made me kind of sad. Anyway so i decided since im on a painting bug that maybe i should make the best out of it and turn my 25$ that was going to be spent on them to paints and brushes.
HOWEVER before buying them i wanted to see if i could get some of my fellow painters and wargamers opinions cause i do have some paints in mind.

First off, the texture paints look cool, but which would you guys recommend for starting out with? Should i also get some basing stuff to go with it?

Secondly, I have a fine detail brush, a standard sized brush, and a drybrush. any other recommended sizes or maybe brush packs you guys recommend. (From a certain company or whatnot, probably will replace some brushes as the only one i haev that isn't a few months old is my standard detail brush.)

Thirdly, i have never used the 'Eavy Metal Medium but from the Quick tips series it seems like it is pretty helpful and i wanted to know if i still needed to water down my paints if i intend to use it.

Fourth, i wanted to get some metallics but then i figured maybe i could do nonmetallic metals instead. What do yous guys suggest? Also what paints would i use for Gold non-Metallic metals?

Sorry for the amount of questions and such, but wanting to get more into my painting now than i'm older and have a dedicated space and time for it and just wanting to get some of my noobish questions and things that ive never asked about out of the way :oops:
Also sorry for the lack of pictures but my update got killed by me not having my wallet on me last weekend (forgive me, ill find a way or something else to work on, promise :D )
Btw why im thinking about it, collection picture going to come later for DaOrkybitz thread and for here, mainly to encourage me to paint all the gray that's in it.
Again sorry for the Crazy long update :P
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:46 pm

So i decided to get a few things at my LGS today, mainly some medium as planned. However to go with it i got a bunch of basing stuff cause i am going to try and give it a shot again. Who knows might even get it to come out well. other than that ended up just buying a German token set for my first set game of the tourney before the main Vietnam event.
Saw something i had never seen before in any game
A turn one table :cry:
Was playing my German Heavy Tank company versus British Australians. He literally killed everything i had turn one with just half of his armies shooting. So yeah quick game, next one wasn't much more exciting and lost it too to an Russian Guards company. So that put me out of the tournament due to double elimination.
Then played in the Vietnam Megabattle as part of the NVA attacking an American base with my Dad joining as the Mechanized group for the Americans along with 8 other players. Definitely decided i want to do NVA for my Vietnam Army, but i need to learn how to pass a morale check in that game. i literally failed 13 3+ morale saves today out of 16
Anywho do plan on getting some Flames painted tonight so i should get some pictures of that for you guys in edition to pics of the start of the megabattle (my Camera bugged out turn two and wouldn't open on my phone so no pics afterwards of The US just getting overrun)
As always
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:13 am

been awhile since ive bee on here mainly cause its been awhile since i had a chance to paint anything really. anywho i figured since i was posting the picture of my Overlord i might as well put them here aswell.
Now ill be honest the mini itself looks kinda crap, and by that i mean the paintscheme cause the actually miniature is in my opinion a beautiful sculpt and ill definitely try and grab another sometime. i wanted to try and experiment with him but also do a good job but i kinda failed. i dont think he has the ceramic feel i was going for and to be honest half was through i was no longer feeling the color scheme. that in turned really killed it for me to continue working on the model. i would have liked to touch him up a bit more, add some better hightlighting and balde and orb effects, some OSL, all sorts of stuff but i just couldnt get myself to do it before pics were do. espcially now that im working at GenCon and i h ave alot of miniatures to paint for demos and such and i h ave to get over my fever thats been my friend for the past week and a half. Anywho sorry for the mostly wall of text, ill make sure to bring some more pictures for you guys today or tomorrow before i leave and ill definitely have some of GenCon and any games or minis i do there. and yes i will probably work more on the Overlord at a later date and touch him up and bring him to a more acceptable level
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:26 am

Welcome back, long time. Have fun at GenCon!

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 pm

So was getting out my warband to package and prep for GenCon and an Apocolaypse game so i figured i might as well take a picture of my alltime favorite army for any mini game for you all now be warned im still working on getting some more bikes and vehicles, as well as juicy juicy demons engines, but for now this waht i got. hope you enjoy and tata

For those of you wondering whats in the picture it's:
14 HQ
1 deamon prince
1 Juggerlord
3 Sorcerors
Huron Blackheart
terminator lord
9 various marks and equipped lords
9 bikes
3 land raider
4 Rhinos
3 hellbrutes
15 havocs
6 terminators
3 Havocs
22 cultists
5 raptors
13-4 possessed
4x 10 man chaos space marine squads
2x 8 Chosen
2x 7 man plague marines
5x 5 man chosen
3x random extras
+ 30 something blood claws to be used as khorne zerkers that are unbuilt
and then i might also be bringing my DA in as Fallen if we need extra points for evil cause go figure so far there is 4 Evil/Chaos players yet 13 Good? Problem? o.O
Happy wargaming
Last edited by SweetSorrow on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:46 pm

and thank you for the welcome back and the well wishes Nappen. im hoping its a blast. still a bit dissapointed ill miss some of the falmes of war tourneys and events cause im working but im still pumped about the trip :D
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:20 pm

so back from GenCon. even though i had to work 3 of the 4 days it was an amazing experience and fun trip and i got to meet and chat with the designer of dropzone commander and Austin from B4H :D
also for i kept me to my spending budget....for the first day :oops:
anywho pics of all my loot to come ^.^
for now REST!
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 am

cool!

One day I will get to something like that.