Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:12 am

But Sting...yikes...

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:47 am

I'm having fun fixing up Toegnasher and Stompy, painting on some details and in general making them look a bit more interesting.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Pics?

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Haha I've been the worst at taking pics lately, so pressed for time. I'll get some up though, I'm trying to take January easy ;)

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Pics:

These are still WIP, there aren't much in the way of highlights yet. Basically had to rebuild them, and did some spot washing and a few of the details.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Those almost make me want to collect orks!

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:44 am

Funny enough, I didn't like the aesthetics of Orks at all when I was first getting into 40K. Like most, I liked the Space Marines (specifically Chaos). Night Lords were the first to appeal to me, and I find it hilarious I don't have a Night Lords army.

Then I learned about Conversions, and googled it to do some for my CSM I was working on (I decided to do Black Legion, paint scheme was easy and they were pretty general). I found this guy Scarpias site, and that's when I learned more about Ork Kultur and Know Wots. From then on, I was an Orkaholik ;)

I haven't been feeling overly Orky in the past couple years, though I am having a lot of fun updating these models. I'm going to be painting some Kanz up as well.

I have also been thinking a lot about our upcoming Skaven Blogathonathon. I dreamt last night of The Drowned Rat, and I'm starting to get a theme here that's actually based on their lore :) Even the rudiments of a symbol for them...

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:04 pm

No game tonight, more bummed out than usual. We had to put our kitten to sleep. They say death comes in 3's...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Sorry to hear about the kitty. Hope the kiddos are taking it okay.

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Kids are ok, my poor wife is taking it the worst.

So I stayed in from gaming last night, but worked on Skaven mold lines. I'm looking forward to getting this army assembled.

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 pm

rats man. that rough. i actually really enjoy the assembly part and it takes some self control not to fully build everything so i can paint part before gluing to together.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:55 pm

I am planing on april being skaven month. This month is marines, Feb-dark eldar, March is nids and then rats. I have no clue what my fluff/background is going to be.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:09 am

Tonite I played a 2500 point game vs Necrons. While it was nice to have them tabled by turn 4, what was best was having a fully painted Death Guard army. I'll be giving them a little attention later in the year.

In the meantime, I've managed to clean mold lines from 140+ Clan Rats and counting.

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:48 am

i have a 500pt game against necrons on Friday. against a gw employee. . . . have to write me list argh . . .
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting