Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Dez » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:32 pm

My daughter admitted in front of my wife the other day "I like some stuff that mommy does, but I like mostly what daddy does"

My wife was always of the opinion that my daughter wouldn't like playing games, painting minis, the Hobbit or Harry Potter, etc and I was just being selfish so I could do more of what I want. So in her face!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:17 am

You tread a dangerous path my friend!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:03 am

but i would still home to follow in his foot steps.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 am

I get in trouble sometimes ;)

Promarried tip: Always buy flowers whenever you go out (or at least once a week). Pickup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for extra points!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:55 am

haha daughter is allergic to peanuts. and SO hate flowers. . because they are dieing. . .
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:45 am

I tend to buy my wife chocolate or them toffifee things, she loves those. They don't really sell peanut butter(or related products) in Finland, in the Netherlands just about every kid grows up with peanut butter.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:57 pm

I broke my wife of the flowers by convincing her it was a waste to buy some thing that is going to die. Should that represent my feelings ;)
Now when I do it is a big surprise. I have found the only 4 words I need are "yes, dear" and "I'm sorry"

The "my fault" is just understood.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Hey, was it conditioner you use to reshape brushes?

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Yup!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:14 pm

I know it is in here somewhere, but I think you said you just out some one, reshape it and next time you use them rinse it out.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Yup I just use hair conditioner to straightn it out and leave it overnight.

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:44 am

Had the night free and hooked up the old airbrush. Apparently leaving it soaking in windex until the windex evaporated has indeed killed it.

Busted out some CSM bits, intent on building some Night Lords. Got one very 'meh' model done. At least it was something. Perhaps I should have worked on Orks.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:45 am

I left mine in rubbing alcohol until it evaporated. Is that bad? :)

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:05 am

Only if it doesn't work :)

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:57 am

I haven't watched Dune since it came out (yes yes I'm old enough to have been old enough to watch Dune when it came out....in 1984) and it's cool to see the similarities between it and 40K. Who knew House Harkonnen were Plague Marines or the Fremen Slaaneshi? Atriedes, Mordian Iron Guard?

Worked on doing some gluing and painting on my Stompa and Warboss while I watched it ;)