Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Dez » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:44 am

Here is a little size comparison:

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:21 am

i have that same terminator model i am trying to convert it to a normal termie but i haven't worked on it in a while.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:02 pm

I think I'm more scattered on what I should be working on now more than ever before. I've also been ridiculously busy. I'm excited for late December/January where I can slow down and get things done. Too bad all the Pax East tickets sold out so fast, I need an event to design an army around!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:20 pm

I am the same...I have to have something to paint towards.

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:58 pm

scatterd. hahah that how i feel i have:
space marine bike
8 tactical marines.
drop pod
lysander
single termmie
2 kador warjacks
esorcha
and as of tonight Nurgle Lord
all in progress.
and krell is on the way i ordered him this morning before i left for work.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:55 am

Do yourself a favor, and don't buy any more stuff until what you have is finished. At some point (every point?) I went off the deep end and have an insurmountable mountain of stuff to build and paint. So many ideas, so many projects...

Speaking of, I'm trying to get myself back on track again. I spent last night putting some paint on my Renegade Guard army, which I haven't touched since April or so. Sometimes I just am not sure what direction I'm going to go in with color choices, and it totally stops my progress on an army. This is the army I've always wanted, so I need to get it done! I actually bought this army from someone already built for about $500, so having it sit around doing nothing and not painting it is a travesty imo.

I've got the base color down, my problem was what direction to go with the bases. So, I decided to start at the beginning and paint in the black around the rim to give me a better perspective. This was a good idea, methinks! I'm going to paint it in with some grays for the city rubble, then mud it up.

Squad markings are the other thing I'm not sure on. With a Guard army, I think it's really important so they don't all get mixed up. Perhaps I'll just google image search Slayer ;)

I've got to work the brass up and add weathering. I'm thinking I may add a darker shade to the pants. Should I do the boots in black?

WIP

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:03 am

i think you should do the boots a grey/black or maybe leave them and paint the pants the darker color. i really like the color they are now. and it just need some thing to break it up.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Those are awesome. The boots just need mud, dirt and blood. I think black would stand out too much and draw all the attention.

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:24 am

Nappen wrote:Those are awesome. The boots just need mud, dirt and blood. I think black would stand out too much and draw all the attention.
I like where you are heading. There is definitely going to be mud, I'm kind of a weirdo with the blood. I don't like putting gore on my models, I don't know why haha. Same with writing, I just don't do it.

I envision the bases to be city terrain but with lots of mud. When I type that out, it doesn't make sense does it? Why did I put the trench fighters on city fight bases...

Last night I played Nids in Kill Teams. My first game was Hormagaunts vs Plague Marines. I had 25 Gaunts with Adrenal Glands vs 7 Plague Marines (2 Plasmaguns). They didn't do very well, they went down to bolter fire pretty fast which didn't bother me at first. But I couldn't reliably wound the PM's on the charge even with 4 attacks each, because he was smart and put his dudes into narrow hallways so I could only ever get 1 horm in to assault at a time. I failed my first Break test, even though I got him to the point of taking Break Tests as well.

My second game I took 14 Genestealers vs 10 Dark Angels Tac Marines with a plasmagun and plasmacannon. The SGT had a Power Spear, which is actually a pretty good weapon. He split them up into 3 different groupings, and I just overran him with 'stealers. T4, I6, WS6 and Rending really worked out.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Crazy old man is out for the double feature of The Hobbit solo. I won't get home until 330am, then I'll take a nap and get up to take my daughter to school :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:04 pm

We are waiting until next week for the hobbit double feature. Figure too crowded this weekend.

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:46 pm

I have way too many ideas. All day long, all night. Ideas, ideas ideas. It's like a curse, because there is never the time. I just haven't had time. I'm hoping to change that. I'm taking from 12/19 to 1/2 off :)

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:11 pm

you lucky bastard.
the time i have off im spending with my daughter and i will still not have enough time to paint.

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:13 pm

I'll be doing mostly family stuff as well. My oldest loves to paint with me ;)

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:19 pm

my only child is still two. im working on slowly bringing her up with the hobby i dont want her to grow up annoyed with it.