Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Arnathos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:58 am

drsergen wrote:do you want to paint my ork's for me than i find it so repetitive . .
I have pretty much no experience in painting orcs(or Orkz for that matter), I've only ever painted a single boy(fantasy), a plastic model from the late 80s early 90s, not that detailed.

With the current rumors about the 9th edition fantasy starter I might be painting quite a bit of Orcs next autumn though!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:51 pm

i have to post pics of the ork i painted while trying to figure my paint scheme out.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Better be a proppa yellow :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:48 am

hahahahaha my orks ? yellow ? no. youll see what colors they are. i keep forgetting to take the pictures.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:00 am

Been CRAZY busy with work, family and the Holidays. End of year is insane at work.

I saw Slayer Saturday.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Is that a nurgle lord?

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Nappen wrote:Is that a nurgle lord?
Haha, it would be a Lord of Khorne if anything ;)

I got some Kill Teams games in on Tuesday, we've been playing that quite a bit lately and I think it's great. My friend has some great Dwarven Forge terrain that I was very impressed with

I played a Necron list that just mopped the floor.

Wraith w/Blaster
Deathmarks x5
Warriors x5

The Wraith was essentially worthless besides drawing fire. The Deathmarks were fantastic. Marked for Death really is broken at this level.

I also painted this guy up for Deathmatch, FINALLY getting around to putting up the poll and uploading pics.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Yeah, the chaos are back...paint more...

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:42 am

That terrain is amazing, I need to get me some of that stuff!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Apparently one of the guys in our group is cousins with the creator of Dwarven Forge. We're asking to go to the next family reunion so we can get some terrain ;)

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:20 pm

So, I may have picked up a bunch of Veer-myn because the idea of Space Skaven excites me greatly. I can say the same of Squats...but I don't really care for most of the offerings out there.

Anyway, what would you play them as? I'm thinking Dark Eldar or Tyranids would be interesting. I'm thinking about all the fun monsters I could build in true Clan Moulder style. Plus the idea of them tunneling around is cool too (After a Trygon or via Webway).

They are almost right on scale with normal Skaven, and I'll be converting some Skaven types to use for...whatever I decide to run them as :)

In food news, I made Chicken Francaise this evening. Of course being a Mick I made mashed potatoes too ;)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Funny, I looked at those today, too. I was thinking space skaven, but let it go :)

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Oooh find more on sale?

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:19 pm

miniature market

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:40 pm

They are down to one box of Nightmares, haha. I bought 2 Starter Sets and 10 Night crawlers.