Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:12 pm

Wow looking good on them cultists
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:21 pm

We have 2 different places that have 2 auctions a year. I lost out on a nicely painted Dreadfleet and a painted Realm of Battle board. They went for $185 each, just over a bit what I wanted to spend or explain to my wife.

I won the NiB Malcador Defender for $42. Catch of the day.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:25 pm

wish we had Auction houses for Warhammer :(
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm

It's a great way to get new stuff and support your LGS!

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm

wait, so your LGS holds them?

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Yup, 2 different ones do.

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 pm

and you didn't tell us till after them why ? ;)

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:55 pm

:twisted:

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Cuz Dez is Dez
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 am

Yesterday I prepped an Infantry Squad for primer and built most of a Valkyrie. Today I'm going to get a second squad ready and finish the Valkyrie. I'll also be converting it to a Vendetta, because DUH.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:21 pm

2 more Infantry squads primered!

I'm using Battlefront Flames of War Italian Armour as a primer, and it's awesome. It's made by Army Painter, and even though it's less than 30 F it's working like a charm. It's very windy out there, too. I figure I'll get as much as I can done today, because we're in for more snow this weekend.

I also ordered some more Rubble and Wasteland bases from Dragon Forge today. I need to make the PCS, and don't have any more of those bases. I almost ordered them for the Valks too, but figured I'd make my own with Cities of Death stuff. I will make them a nice burned out swamp kinda look, with trenches and sand bags maybe as well.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 pm

You are just trucking along my good man. And everything you do looks awesome!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Keep on keepin' on!

Somewhat off topic, my every instinct lately tells me I need to focus on designing and producing a mass amount of new bases...
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 am

YES!

I was thinking about designing some like the ones I did for my Hellions. But then I'd have to build gothic city ruins from scratch...

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:24 am

You are making a ton of progress. I have kinda stalled this week. Finishing up my big research project. Would love to see the hellion bases :)