Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 pm

I uh, accidentally bought another army yesterday. It's a Salamanders army, all Forge World infantry 25+ models. 4 drop pods, 2 Rhinos, Vulkan, 5 TH/SS terminators and some other bits. I'm thinking of touching up the paint a bit and selling them ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:02 pm

....you lucky son of a... xD
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Dez wrote:I uh, accidentally bought another army yesterday. It's a Salamanders army, all Forge World infantry 25+ models. 4 drop pods, 2 Rhinos, Vulkan, 5 TH/SS terminators and some other bits. I'm thinking of touching up the paint a bit and selling them ;)
Yeah, me too :) mine will take a lot more than touch ups though :(

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Haha ;)

I managed to get a pic up of my test model for my Renegade Guard/Cultists. I'm happy with it, and it was pretty fast...maybe 20-25 minutes? As I do them, I'm sure it will get even faster. I will go over this dude again later, and paint all the trappings to be flayed flesh :)

Recipe:

Prime FoW Italian Armor
Wash Army Builder Strong Tone
Highlight Zandri Dust (drybrush Underhive Ash? Try Both?)
Wash Army Builder Soft Tone
(Done?)

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:56 pm

The wife and I have been watching Homeland voraciously, we've just started and blazed through 12 episodes. This is a nice way to spend time drilling and chipping armor for my Maulerfiend ;) No pics yet, there isn't much to cohesively take a pic of. I'm waiting to pick up my big GW order tomorrow, and then some work in earnest will begin.

Anyone think the above would do for tabletop IG? I'm about to go prime some up for painting ;)

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Id say after u wash the robes maybe hit it with a very light drybrush to like show the details more, but other then that i'd say its pretty good tabletop IG
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:04 pm

I knew there was something else I wanted to try! The new dry paints. Thanks Ocean!

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:19 am

Following up in a long week of spending too much money, I went to an auction today. I bought:

A Necron army
A DKoK NoS army
A FW Malcador
A big bag of Marine bits and bobs
A Skaven Screaming Bell
Crusade of FIre
A SUPER HUGE lot of oop Dark Eldar
Heroes of the Adeptus Astartes
BLOOD BOWL!
A Shoebox full of A Game of Thrones CCG cards.

I have a lot of painting to do, though I'm having buyers remorse on everything but the Malcador and Blood Bowl ;) I'm probably going to sell it all, as we need a new dishwasher. I'm also going to be in big trouble with my wife when she sees the bill...

Tonite I based:

A Necron Lord
6 Flayers
6 Scarab Bases
2 Wraiths
31 Necrons

I also touched up the paint on a few models.

Last week, I painted the base color on my first IG infantry squad. I'm going to do another this week, and do some more finishing work on the Maulerfiend. I should be going into turbo mode with it, the last of the bits I need come in tomorrow for it.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:22 am

lol, Dez u are making me jelly getting all these things xD
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:25 am

One of these days you will be a lawyer and more than able to buy yourself lots of toys. Much better than I do.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:28 am

Dez wrote:One of these days you will be a lawyer and more than able to buy yourself lots of toys. Much better than I do.
a decade of study to achieve king of the geek status, worth it
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 am

Auction...they have auctions for this stuff?

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:05 am

NICE!! XD
Also that renegade/cultist/zombie/thing kinda reminds me of Deadpool 8)
Curahee!

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:54 pm

It's the Katana ;)

Here is a group shot after an hour of painting. They won't survive much scrutiny, at least until I get the details painted on. I've been working on practicing some freehand for them.

They will have that dirty, living in a trench look which is almost exactly how I envisioned it. They will be accented with black and red, and on the shoulderpads they will have their warband marking 'The Crooked Cross'. I'll also be doing some heavily patinad bronze for the metals.

I have tons of details to pick out, but for me that's the easy part. I'm going to paint a few more squads, and see how many I can get done in between working on my Maulerfiend. I've been feeling the painting bug!

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Nappen wrote:Auction...they have auctions for this stuff?
THEY HAVE AUCTIONS FOR THIS STUFF????
Dez your so lucky:(
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII