Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 pm

when it comes to my airbrush i like reaper the most, easy to work with and measure without the rare GW pot dried up hunk clogging everything
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 pm

That is true :(

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 am

What's army painter paint like? I've got a white primer and it works amazingly well!
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:42 am

I have one of their sprays, I haven't used it yet due to weather.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:33 am

Dudes and dudesses!

I'm chugging along at a leisurely pace with the Chaos Lord. I've been throwing some splashes of color on him, as well as bringing out some of the highlights and darkening the recesses. He has a big purple body right now, but I'm just doing that as an undercoat so he looks all sore and nasty. I'm going to bring it up to a nice, ripe undead flesh ;)

I also built another champ, so I guess I'll paint it for Deathmatch. Hopefully it will get warm enough to prime here! I have a friend that likes to buy stuff and then get rid of it, so I'm thankful for the Secret Weapon Bone Fields bases I got ;)

I'm also anxiously awaiting my GW order so I can go to town building the Maulerfiend ;)

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:58 pm

SWEEEETTTT!

Is your mounted Chaos lord supposed to make me think he's Slender man's older brother who lifts?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Why you want me to hook you up? Be warned, halitosis is just the beginning.

My GW stuff didn't come in, but I got some Plaguebearers, Flamers and a Codex:Daemons in the mail today. Mulling over starting the Maulerfiend anyway.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Dez wrote:Why you want me to hook you up? Be warned, halitosis is just the beginning.

My GW stuff didn't come in, but I got some Plaguebearers, Flamers and a Codex:Daemons in the mail today. Mulling over starting the Maulerfiend anyway.
Umm.. no A Chaos 'Brah' is not my idea of a good time.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:12 pm

I like that!

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm

I did a little more work on the Aspiring Champ, and I like him more. Lots of detail, which will make it fun to paint for the Deathmatch!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 pm

That is going to take a long time to paint...but be pretty awesome when it is done.

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:43 pm

That's gonna be a great mini to paint, and knowing you it won't look very busy
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Somebody got a stomach virus!

Tough week, the illness just seemed to sweep through the household. I did work on my Chaos Lord though, and I've been doing research on techniques to use to really try and make him good.

Still waiting for my GW order so I can convert up Mauler. The order is in, but where I pick it up is 45 minutes way when we DON'T have 2 feet of snow dumped on us ;)

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:56 am

I got some primer on the Champ, and also a test Renegade/Cultist. I'm hoping to get some painting done sometime soon, but between Valentine's Day and my daughters birthday time will be tight ;)

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Managed to base coat both models :)