Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:03 am

I got really excited when I found a metal Ikit Claw for $10 at the LGS. Also picked up the new technical paints and Apoc Templates. Cannot refuse my daughter when she asks me to buy her dice, they are really cool and now I want some for my Tzeentch armies :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:08 am

have tried the technical yet ?
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:16 am

I haven't, I'm excited to. Always did these things the old way, while I was waking 10 miles to school and back barefoot in 6 feet of snow uphill both ways.

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:23 am

hahaha. . . did you have holes in your shoes to ?
and man they are the great. the blood looks awesome when applied in thick coats. and the combination of the typhus corrosion and ryza rust is great.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Ok here are some pics of all the Skaven I have taken the mold lines off of in the past couple of days. It's the contents of 3 Isle of Blood sets...that's alotta rats! I have another 2 IoB sets coming in tomorrow.

There are 120+ Clan Rats here, sir. 120!
3 Warlock Engineers
3 Chieftains (Or Warlords or whatever you like)
6 Rat Ogres
3 Handlers
5 Weapon Teams

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 pm

All you need is a grey seer, a battle force or 2 or just some HPA's and doomwheels. The grey seer is a must though.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 pm

I've got a Doom Wheel and an HPA. I'm thinking about creating my own HPA as well. For some sick, sadistic reason I'd like to have a lot of overwhelming numbers this time. I'd also like Slaves with slings, yes they must have slings....'Ok I stand and shoot! Ok you win combat, they break and blow up in yo face!' is what I'd like to say.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:56 pm

As long as your grey seer and BSB are alive skaven slaves should never break, Ld10 rerollable and 12+ ranks on your average unit they will be there for the rest of the game.

Having tons of dudes is awesome though, I've got like 95 halberdiers plus another 35 ranged and cc state troops as detachments, add to that 35 greatswords (still need to get another box to make it 45). The best part about it all is they just die in droves, I'm taking off 10 dudes per turn on each halberd unit and about 6-7 on the greatswords. I just love sending all those little dudes to their untimely deaths.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:25 am

I may actually use a Vermin Lord (shh don't tell the rest of the internet!). I bought the Forge World model as well as the Brood Horror. I've wanted to paint those since they came out. The Brood Horror will be an HPA though ;)

Last night, started clipping and building Stormvermin. I love them, I am lamenting selling the 40+ I had before. Now I need to go buy some...

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:48 am

Vermin lords aren't too terrible really, just try and keep them behind large pieces of terrain (and make sure there is enough terrain on the table, it really adds to fantasy, no matter what MWGmatt says). I'm just starting to use monsters myself, I'll have to see how the empire ones hold out.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:16 am

My box of Skaven goodies came in, I'm actually excited to remove mold lines from rats! Some of these have some paint on them, and I think I'm going to do some test schemes on them.

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:58 am

All I've been doing is trimming mold lines, Stormvermin are done. There's a MotM I'd like to work on as well as Painting Deathmatch...but I figure I'll strike while the iron's hot and get these done as I normally hate removing mold lines.

Making another trade for a bunch more Skaven stuff ;) I need a Screaming Bell...

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:07 pm

I wish I was so motivated

don't forget to post when your pledge is done for the painting pledge.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 am

I've been building Skaven like crazy. I've got I don't know how much stuff built right now, just waiting for April to paint. I also bought a Warlord on Brood Horror and Exalted Vermin Lord from Forge World. I love those models, and been wanting them since they released. I had a bit of birthday and Xmas money, so I went for it ;)

I played Nids last Tuesday and came out with a win. I think the key is to overwhelm with targets, and don't make Synapse a weakness. I sorely need air support, so I think a Crone or two is needed. This wasn't an optimized list, I just used what I had really. The mission was Crusade, deployment Hammer and Anvil. In the end I had First Blood, Linebreaker, and 3 objectives.

Now I've got a pretty good start on a Daemons army, that I could use in conjunction with my CSM. I'm kinda thinking it's very similar, except I don't need to worry about Synapse when I play Daemons. I may decide to trade these off again.

Swarmlord
3 Tyrant Guard

Hive Tyrant
Twin Linked Devourer w/Brainleech Worms x2
2 Tyrant Guard

Genestealers x20
-Broodlord

Genestealers x16
-Broodlord

Genestealers x5
Broodlord

Termagants x19

Warriors x3
Devourer x2
Barbed Strangler

Mawloc

Dark Angels/ IG

Azrael
IG Blob x50 with 5 Flamers and Power Axes

Vendetta x2
-One had the Command Squad inside

2 big units of bikes with Assault Bikes
2 Land Speeders with Melta/Flamer

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:08 pm

I am getting ready to start on my son's tyranids. He likes to play and I like to paint. Seems to work.