Shadow SpectreW's #theweekleypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Shadow SpectreW's #theweekleypaint 2013

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Hey all, I plan on doing a lot of painting/ converting this year as I'm aiming to get my eldar force all painted up (hopefully before the new models come out) and my small but mighty dark eldar force. I may not be the best painter ( im only 15 and have about 6-7 months of experience) but Im happy with my results. So I plan on updating this quite often so stay tuned!
Eldar
Win:7
Draw:1
Loss:1
"Pain is temporary... Honor is forever"

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: Shadow SpectreW's #theweekleypaint 2013

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:25 pm

I worked on eldrad a bit, did his cape and finished on of the free hand designs on his cloak I also started on his sword. Just have ne more layer of white to put on the lightning
Eldar

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Sounds good and can't wait to see more pics :)

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:23 pm

I put another coat of white on Eldrad's runes and I'm almost finished his sword. I also built 5 harlequins and the shadowseer including the cleaning up and fixing up some miscasts with greenstuff
Eldar

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Eldrad is 95% done
Eldar

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:38 pm

picccccccsssssssssssssssssssssssssss
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Don't have my camera with me, but when I get back from holidays I will post pics. How does next sunday or monday sound
Eldar

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:48 pm

sounds good, ill call off the warband till then >:P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Here's my repainted Eldrad. Any tips on Improving?
Eldar

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Does anyone have any idea for a desert camo? BTW are my pics of Eldrad active?
Eldar

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Desert camo? id say tan/brown/bone should be a good combo and yes, i can see him and the only problem i see is the white on the staff but white is a hard color to work with
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Shadow SpectreW » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Ya I think my paint scheme on him before was a bit heavy so the white looks a bit blotchy. I tried freehanding something for the first time. It's the little triangle with a line coming off of it. Any way I could improve on that?
Eldar

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 pm

I love OTT basing!

Pics need a bit more light, perhaps some photo editing software would help to brighten it a bit.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:31 pm

OTT?

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Over The Top.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!