easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: easy's #theweeklypaint 2013

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:04 pm

I can't read those books. They are beautifully well written, but the toying with my emotions.. I was have way through the third book when Jamie starts showing he's more than just a jerk and I was like ' NOPE!' Just can not have myself screaming angrily, happy for and than crying over the same character in the space of an hour.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Have another Warmahordes tournament on Saturday. 35 points so in preparation I've been frantically assembling stuff. Last night I assembled 4 Widowmakers, 6 Doom Reavers a Winter Guard Officer and Standard and got started on the Winter Guard unit....
Curahee!

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:43 pm

And I'm back! ....again....

I went to the tournament at the weekend. I played a pSorscha list for all four games and I won two, lost two and finished 10th of 16th, pretty happy considering my experience! :D
I'm also back to painting. Working on 5 Tactical Marines for my White Scars project. Need to do an uploading spree on Flickr and post a ton of pics.

Time for off topic!! :) Finished A Storm of Swords 2 and wow, can't wait to read the next one but I need to read a few things in school particularly Lord of the Flies (again) and Dubliners, a selection of short stories by James Joyce. I'm currently watching Bad Education Season 2 and have yet to start Falling Skies Season 3, Breaking Bad Season 3, Game of Thrones Season 2 and the new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

My Junior Cert results also came in!! My results were......
A's in Music, History and Civic Social Political Education (CSPE)
B's in Science, Maths, English, Geography and Latin
C's in Irish and French

So I didn't quite reach my goal of all A's and B's but I'm pretty damn happy with this!! :D
Curahee!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:I can't read those books. They are beautifully well written, but the toying with my emotions.. I was have way through the third book when Jamie starts showing he's more than just a jerk and I was like ' NOPE!' Just can not have myself screaming angrily, happy for and than crying over the same character in the space of an hour.

my problem was starting to like Jamie, and hoping things work out for him. when his goal is to get home and frick his sister. . . .

miss spelled a word leaving it as such because it sounds good.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:36 am

Finished the red on the 5 White Scars. Need to finish the white armour and then just details and bases left to do. Has anyone been watching Agents of SHIELD? Two episodes in and I love it! It's written and directed by Joss Whedon (Avengers, Firefly) and is quickly rising to be one of my favourite tv series. All the nerdy references in it are superb too!
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm a big comic book nerd, but I didn't like the look of the commercial. Hearing about Joss Whedon and the references...makes me want to watch it ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Derp. Just realised I bought and have been using the wrong colour for White Scars armour. Supposed to be Ulthuan Grey but Ceramite White still looks pretty good...
Curahee!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:52 pm

What's this!!!??? Pictures!!!??? On easycompany's thread!!!??? Don't be ridiculous!!!!!!

So here's the long awaited pic dump I've been promising :D

My Dwarves

My original ChaosBlack spray from 2006 ran out while priming :(
001 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

002 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Grated wine cork to use as basing material
003 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

004 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Used my Army Painter white instead. Went on a little thick sadly
005 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

006 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Undercoated the Thunderers by hand
007 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Bunch of WIP's from my warriors
008 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

009 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

010 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

011 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Warrior unit completed!!
023 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

More pics coming soon...
Curahee!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:28 pm

DWARF POWAH
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:01 pm

That unit looks amazing easy! You're skills have improved tons!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Those Dwarves did turn out spectacular Easy. Very well done.
Happy Wargaming
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:57 am

Nice work, dwarfs is cool.

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:18 pm

As promised here are some more pics, this time from my restored Space Marines!

Group shot:
070 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Lots of individual pictures

072 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

073 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

074 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

075 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

076 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

077 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

078 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

079 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

080 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

081 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

071 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Using the magical Fairy Power Spray, I started stripping the models

002 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

004 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

So there you have it! I'm painting these guys as White Scars and am currently finishing off the first combat squad. It's a long road ahead! Stay tuned for a few more pics!

easy
Curahee!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Stuffs looking great, those Dorfs are boss!

Can I tell you how much I love that cork idea?
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Well belated happy new year to everyone here on the forums! Finally took out my paints for the first time in a while today, painting up some dwarves this time. Also does anyone know when #theweeklypaint2014 starts?
Curahee!